What's new

"Dare Devil Dive" - Eurofighter for Six Flags OG

A-Kid

Giga Poster
http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/rid ... ldive.aspx

Calling all daredevils. In 2011, Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce Dare Devil Dive,
a "euro fighter" coaster with an amazing drop that's BEYOND vertical.
Dare Devil Dive's mission begins as you're pulled straight up to the sky on a special vertical chain lift, then slowly roll to the top of the tower nearly 100-feet in the air. After an agonizing pause at the crest of the summit, you plummet downward at an angle that is beyond straight down — it actually angles inward at a blistering 52 mph.

Then you careen through a thrilling combination of diving loops while executing three inversions before you catch air on a zero gravity hill and swoop across the dreaded Immelman vertical U turn stretched high above the ground. The crescendo builds as the car dives toward the ground and up into a Heartline roll before being slowed by the magnetic brakes. Whew!

Dare Devil Dive will be the 11th coaster in Six Flags Over Georgia's already stellar coaster line-up.

Hight: 95ft
Speed: 52mph

Coming Memorial Day Weekend, 2011

-----------

Layout looks like this to me:

daredevildive.png

And going by the scale of the Lift/Drop on the NL Sim, I'm guessing it may have the Huracan / Anubis style cars. But then thats just a guess.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Country's first beyond vertical dive
Three inversions
BULL$&!% There is already 4 others I can think of off the top of my head!!
That just gets me so angry!It's like how six flags Great Adventure still calls KingDa Ka the fastest when there is 2 other faster! :x

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Well, until those coasters open it IS the fastest.

Anyway, on topic: Yay for new coaster/Boo for Eurofighter etc.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst Euro-fighters don't really do much for us, I think they're quite a big crowd pleaser. Several friends who have visited Oakwood and/or Thorpe Park really hype up the whole 'beyond-vertical' thing. I think this could be quite a good coaster for the park to be honest.

Don't get me wrong though, there are better coaster styles out there!

Jer

Strata Poster
I'd like to see a 3D model before I say anything, it's hard to get a proper idea of the layout with a picture like that.

jjjjustin12 said:
Three inversions
That just gets me so angry!It's like how six flags Great Adventure still calls KingDa Ka the fastest when there is 2 other faster! :x

Where does it say it's the country's first beyond vertical dive?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Eurofighters aren't that bad, Vekoma has some worse creations. BUT, they can be shaky/rough at times. With Six Flags managing the coaster, you can be sure it will go to crap in 3 years!

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Jer said:
I'd like to see a 3D model before I say anything, it's hard to get a proper idea of the layout with a picture like that.

jjjjustin12 said:
Three inversions

Where does it say it's the country's first beyond vertical dive?

On the website

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Error said:
What's so bad about getting a eurofighter?

Also:
it is the country's first PAUSE element before the beyond vertical drop.

Mystery Mine has a holding brake at the top of its beyond vertical drop.

The ride looks alright. Nothing more, nothing less.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
jjjjustin12 said:
On the website
No it doesn't.
Joe (Error) got the quote right: "the country's first PAUSE element before the beyond vertical drop."
Come on jjjjustin. :roll:

As far as Eurofighters being crap, let's not forget Fluch von Novgorod (although this one won't come close). And Matt (Hyde244) might be mistaken, as SFoG seems to be much better with upkeep of their rides than most Six Flag parks.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
jjjjustin12 said:
On the website
No it doesn't.
Joe (Error) got the quote right: "the country's first PAUSE element before the beyond vertical drop."
Come on jjjjustin. :roll:

As far as Eurofighters being crap, let's not forget Fluch von Novgorod (although this one won't come close). And Matt (Hyde244) might be mistaken, as SFoG seems to be much better with upkeep of their rides than most Six Flag parks.
I really think they changed it when i read it, I would have seen PAUSE in caps.
But what ever I messed up :?

marc

CF Legend
People seem to love them or hate them tbh.

I do not like Speed or Saw, but I like Rage and Fluch von Novgorod.

This looks like a nice tight layout that if produced the same forces as Rage will be a nice family coaster that thrill seekers will also enjoy.

I do not know how busy this park is I have tbh, but on a busy day expect a long queue for this. Thorpe seem to struggle even with 7 or 8 trains running, and for me they are not worth a 2 hour queue.

Yes there are better coasters out there, but for many this will probably be their 1st vertical lift hill and beyond vertical drop so I can see why they have gone for this.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Dare Devil Dive "Eurofighter" for Six Flags OG

A-Kid said:
And going by the scale of the Lift/Drop on the NL Sim, I'm guessing it may have the Huracan / Anubis style cars. But then thats just a guess.

Have you got the link to this video?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ There isn't a video clip. Just going by the picture. It seems wiered to show it with the enlarged lift/drop instead of a single tower.

As for the ride, I just hope its more Rage/Mystery than Saw/Speed. Eurofighters seem to work better with tight, twisty and for the majority of the track, a slower layout. Speed is rather brainshaky and unplesant. So is Saw quite a lot of the time now with its rediculously pumpy - misformed track. This will probally make a good "filler" ride and nothing more.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
East Coast(er) General said:
And Matt (Hyde244) might be mistaken, as SFoG seems to be much better with upkeep of their rides than most Six Flag parks.
Yes, I know. I was just trying to come up with a good ending joke for my post. :lol:

SFoG's rides seemed pretty smooth and appeared in good maintenance. I even got to ride Superman!