What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Peet

Giga Poster
Why not? There are over 6 months to go, and they’re making good progress. Sure it’ll slow down in winter but it will be a quick coaster to assemble given its short length, then a few months for landscaping and remaining theming.
If it was just the coaster then sure, but with it being a whole new area on a greenfield site I think there will be a lot more landscaping, infrastructure etc. Just a gut feeling really I suppose.

Jared

Hyper Poster
From what I’m told, they’re aiming for April/May. They were delayed a few months by the planning process, but they crews are doing a pretty good job catching up. The coaster should fly up.

The Flats are pre-set up mostly so should go together quickly. It’ll be a bit of time sorting out planting and the other theming features, so I’d say they’re on track.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
How exciting to see that Chessington's first major coaster since 2004 has finally gone vertical!

Hopefully it won't be too long until track pieces arrive on site!

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Our of interest what was Rameses Revenge minimum height requirement?!
Rameses was 1.4 Metres, 100%. I remember being turned away when i was younger.
I do hope they are able to do a 1.2M restriction to allow more of the parks audience to experience it- though honestly i am just in general excited for this project.

Who would of guessed Chessington would be such a solid park with investments, in 2010 i would of told you that a B&M wing is crazy talk.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Rameses was 1.4 Metres, 100%. I remember being turned away when i was younger.
I do hope they are able to do a 1.2M restriction to allow more of the parks audience to experience it- though honestly i am just in general excited for this project.

Who would of guessed Chessington would be such a solid park with investments, in 2010 i would of told you that a B&M wing is crazy talk.
Especially one with an inversion i thought we'd be done with inversions and flipping rides after the removal of Rameses tbh!

Trax

Hyper Poster
Toverland got Fenix to a 1.32m rating, and it appears that this will not be as intense as Fenix.
So a lower rating is possible, and as far as I know the trains were not altered to allow for the lower minimum height.

spicy

Giga Poster
Especially one with an inversion i thought we'd be done with inversions and flipping rides after the removal of Rameses tbh!

Exactly this I never thought we would see any kind of inversion at CWoA again after Rameses removal.

I would love it if this was the start of CWoA putting back in some more intense additions.

After all to be a true family park you still need some thrills to cater for the older adults/teens of the family rather than just kiddie rides.

No idea what the flats are for the area but I hope one is an intense flat.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Exactly this I never thought we would see any kind of inversion at CWoA again after Rameses removal.

I would love it if this was the start of CWoA putting back in some more intense additions.

After all to be a true family park you still need some thrills to cater for the older adults/teens of the family rather than just kiddie rides.

No idea what the flats are for the area but I hope one is an intense flat.
I can see it right now! Spinjam moves down to London and is part of the Chessosquad

Niles

Giga Poster
Some more pictures of the site, more work has been done to the jaguar statue with a hole for the jewel to go in place.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Here is a look over the site as well as another support for the coaster.
3.jpg
5.jpg

In this next picture you can see a support for the track has gone in the station showing the track will be elevated in height compared to a traditional wing coaster.
4.jpg

And some more pictures, see more here: Source
6.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg