What's new

CWOA | Project Amazon | B&M Wing Coaster (Jumanji Land?)| 2023

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I've updated the topic title slightly to reflect the recent heavy rumours. Is this OK, mods?
I hear it's gonna be a golden horse :p
On a serious note I personally shall be suprised if it's a B&M but wouldn't be apposed to see one pop up, hope it does well for them but I'm still slightly curious why they didnt go for an Intamin family launch such as Juvelen, think that would have done great with good capacity aswell alas...

Matt N

Strata Poster
On a random note; do we think this ride will be classed by B&M as a Wing Coaster, alongside the likes of The Swarm, or as a Family Coaster, alongside the FICs in China, with a new line of Family Coaster named Family Wing Coaster being invented?

Personally, I reckon it might just be a regular Wing Coaster, given the 1.4m height restriction, inversion and 88ft height, but I wasn't too sure, as Legoland Sichuan is said to be getting a similar ride, and I certainly don't see a full-on Wing Coaster fitting with Legoland's ethos... that one might be smaller in scale and sans any inversions, however. I'm not personally 100% convinced that Legoland Sichuan's one will even be a Wing Coaster myself (I reckon B&M's take on a sit-down family launcher seems more likely myself), as it looks full-circuit from the renderings and the trains & track gauge look too narrow, but many others seem very sure of it being a shuttle Wing Coaster like this one...

Matt N

Strata Poster
Sorry to double post, but a UK trademark has been filed by Tri-Star Pictures for JUMANJI, to be used in “location-based entertainment and amusement parks”, which to me practically confirms that the area will have some link to Jumanji:
Whether it’ll be the book, the old film, the new film, or a Wicker Man-style original story based on the Jumanji story is anyone’s guess. Personally, I’d be extremely surprised if it isn’t themed to the new film series starring Dwayne Johnson, but what do you guys think?
EDIT: If it’s Tri-Star filing the trademark, it’ll surely be the new films, won’t it, as they’re the film studio making the current film series? Unless this is for a different project entirely…

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ugh... I guess at least it's pretty relevant, for now?
I'm probably alone in this, but when it comes to parks using IP, I'd rather the entire park is IP based (Universal Studios etc), or none of it. Like how when you go to Europa Park and each area is wonderfully themed to a nation and it all fits together, but you turn the corner and there's a powered coaster themed to a bunch of tiny dweebs in the grass? Hate it.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I do feel Chessington could probably do a ride like this with their own theming, rather than a licence, but I suppose they did have Beanoland for years.

EDIT: If it’s Tri-Star filing the trademark, it’ll surely be the new films, won’t it, as they’re the film studio making the current film series? Unless this is for a different project entirely…
All four Jumanji films (including Zathura) are made by Tri-Star/Sony, with a fifth in development. I would suspect this ride wouldn't tie into specific Dwayne Johnson stuff but rather themes from the whole "Jumanji Cinematic Universe"