What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Had a nosy around the coaster today. My god, it towers over that side of the park. It's very visible towards Vile Villagers scare zone.

Children walked past me in the car park, commenting that they were daunted by the sight of it.

I can't believe that this ride is at Chessington, never in a million years did anyone think that a beefy B&M would rock up here. Could this see more thrilling rides arrive in the future? I reckon it could, although they most certainly won't be the primary focus of what is predominantly a family park.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Ries

Mega Poster
Is the 'Jaguar Shrine' going to 'puke' a waterfall?
Could look weird, because water out of the mouth constantly. But could be the little extra (in theming).

Edit: It does look good already though.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Some pictures from yesterday. Does anyone know the exact high points of the coaster?
d1e069523d2c8359682b57a35638e84c.jpg
e0775eff2b7c1d01244f8f0107d42062.jpg
a042031dd10caf5ee7868efce6999928.jpg
bc31fc683ac2b7dafc597787396d84ac.jpg
8c2ee1b02302cc594c46666d53039434.jpg

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Statue looks quite small compared to the coaster, or is it just me? Kind of takes away a bit of the drama, but excited to see this progress nonetheless.
It looks a lot bigger in person. I was very surprised myself.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Statue looks quite small compared to the coaster, or is it just me? Kind of takes away a bit of the drama, but excited to see this progress nonetheless.

I went at the weekend, the statue looked very big and impressive to me, especially in comparison to the surrounding area. Must be about 60ft.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I went at the weekend, the statue looked very big and impressive to me, especially in comparison to the surrounding area. Must be about 60ft.

I don't think that's what's being commented on here - more that as big and grand as the structure might look now, it's going to look like a slightly large garden ornament by the time there's a great big B&M wing coaster train wrapping round it.

rIRBb0E.jpg

extremely crude mockup but I think having the track wrap round it with a train on it might really skew the grandeur of the statue thingy. Having said that, it could still look pretty cool..

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don't think that's what's being commented on here - more that as bit and grand as the structure might look now, it's going to look like a slightly large garden ornament by the time there's a great big B&M wing coaster train wrapping round it.
This! Glad somebody understood what I'm trying to get at. I think it'll look cool, but I just fear it might loose it's grandeur when there's a coaster next to it that is seemingly taller than it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think that's what's being commented on here - more that as bit and grand as the structure might look now, it's going to look like a slightly large garden ornament by the time there's a great big B&M wing coaster train wrapping round it.

rIRBb0E.jpg

extremely crude mockup but I think having the track wrap round it with a train on it might really skew the grandeur of the statue thingy. Having said that, it could still look pretty cool..
There's a career in Merlin Magic Making for you yet...!

I have mixed feelings on that, actually. I quite like the idea of the train being comparably sized to the statue as I think it could make the whole thing feel quite dynamic. Especially as the train won't actually be on that bit of track all the time. Conversely, though, Soaring With Dragon is a great example of how a dominating statue can enhance the visuals:
CZ06.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I agree with what's being said; if I were designing this, I would've made the statue bigger in relation to the track.

Right now it looks like the coaster will be the dominating visual feature, not the statue. Although maybe that's what the designers had in mind.

Bowser

Mega Poster
I don't think that's what's being commented on here - more that as big and grand as the structure might look now, it's going to look like a slightly large garden ornament by the time there's a great big B&M wing coaster train wrapping round it.

rIRBb0E.jpg

Ah i get you. I do still think these photos aren't quite doing it justice, i thought it looked great so far and hopefully it all makes sense in context.

Sorry if it's been covered but has the height requirement been confirmed yet?

JMW

Roller Poster
Sorry if it's been covered but has the height requirement been confirmed yet?
So in the consultation they said it’ll have a 1.4m height requirement, however Legoland Germany’s new wing coaster has been been confirmed to be a 1.2m ride, so I see no reason as to why Chessington’s couldn’t be also?

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Depends on what this one 'does' compared to what Legoland's 'doesn't', surely?

Also, the UK and Germany have different H&S regulations in play.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Chessington's coaster is significantly taller than Legoland's, has a launch and travels backwards up a beyond vertical spike and through an inline twist. It won't surprise me if it has a 1.4m height restriction.

Anyways, the launch track is now being installed. It's a lot lengthier than I thought it would be.

SOURCE

1666966080714.png

1666966118257.png1666966148682.png

Last edited:

Jared

Hyper Poster
I was there today for the consultation so I had to check out the progress! I got to see two sections being lifted into place. Here are some photos with more on the link below!

world-of-jumanji-16-11-2022-10.jpg

world-of-jumanji-16-11-2022-14.jpg

world-of-jumanji-16-11-2022-22.jpg

Bowser

Mega Poster
Awesome!

Was hoping to go over Christmas and have a peep but they don't seem to be keeping Vampire or Gruffalo open over the Winter this year :(