What's new

Croatia to Get Country's First Amusement Park

TilenB

Strata Poster
A little bit of news that has surfaced on the interwebs today is that Croatia will get their first proper theme park. It is going to be built near the small town on Dalmatian coast, Biograd na Moru, and they are currently aiming to have the park open by May 1st 2017, with the construction starting next week.

Croatian fireworks company Mirnovec Pirotehnika is investing in a brand new amusement park on the Croatian coast, a great addition to the tourist offer.

"Mirnovec pirotehnika", or more accurately its sister company “Mirnovec park” will commence construction works on a brand new amusement park in Biograd na Moru on April 13, 2016, Poslovni.hr reports.

According to the director of Mirnovec pirotehnika Franjo Koletić, new amusement park will have 25 different attractions for three different categories of visitors - children, adults and teenagers: “It will be divided into three themed groups; the Wild West, old pirate town and space. We will offer rides on various roller coasters, we’re building a hall for electronic games, amphitheatre and, of course we’ll be putting a special accent on fireworks and spectacles with pyrotechnics and fire” Franjo Koletić added.

He also added that this amusement park will not only focus on water attractions “It will be the very first amusement park in Croatia that will in many ways resemble Italian Gardaland and the famous amusement parks in Orlando Florida” Koletić stated.

According to Koletić, all building permits have been acquired and the park will be constructed on the land owned by the company. Initial investment is 15 million EUR, but, as it has been the case in other parks, since they tend to expand over time, it is likely that additional large investments will be added later on.

Koletić also mentioned the fact that the construction works were supposed to start in 2015 but, of course, Croatian administration had other plans “This is the first project of its kind in Croatia so we encountered many problems with the paperwork. But at is now all behind us and we are starting construction works this Wednesday. The project should be finished by next tourist season, maybe even by next Easter „he concluded.

The total area of the park is 45.654 square metres while the gross area of the buildings will be 2.177 square metres. According to the projections done by the main contractor Tehnika d.d., all construction works should be completed by February 28, 2017 and then the attractions and roller coasters will be assembled and installed by their manufacturers..

source: https://www.total-croatia-news.com/busi ... ad-na-moru

Lofty

CF Legend
15 million euros? So it's a permanent travelling carnival as that's all that's viable for that amount of money.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's a start, at least. Few parks open their gates on the first day with a top-notch line of coasters. If they manage to pull it off well enough, maybe a decade from now they'll have a decent lineup to show. Croatia is a country of more than 4 million with a growing tourist industry, high HDI and several neighbouring countries also lacking amusement parks. There might be potential for something nice to grow there, although it will probably take some time.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's a start, but stop with the ****.

They're not going to produce an Orlando - style park with €15m and construction time of a year.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I honestly think the budget is a typo. They say they'll build an arcade, an amphitheater, fireworks with pyrotechnics, and various roller coasters. I think most of the coasters will be kiddie creds like Wacky Worms and Go-Gators, but if they're doing a full amusement park on a budget less than a B&M plus all of the things I said, there's something wrong.

Lofty

CF Legend
That park would cost a lot more than €15m. I think they're missing a 0…

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
TilenB said:
There are a few artwork photos plus the park plan on the following link (I'm too stupid to figure out how to copy photos from slideshows, is it even possible to do it?)

http://www.tportal.hr/biznis/kompanije/ ... -Moru.html

Yes. and here they are for easier access plus some more i found.

12985449_1532030253769034_5982403414375686439_n.png

12967270_1532030307102362_8416386133596063038_o.jpg

13015359_1532031803768879_1978368876748909296_n.jpg

12973249_1532030283769031_1953326312788964061_o.jpg

12967929_1532030290435697_381862741125467186_o.jpg

12983988_1532030320435694_2703267465263148044_o.jpg

12963483_1532031807102212_912201382488475517_n.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
Cornerstone has been laid today

mirnovec4-130416.jpg

mirnovec7-130416.jpg

mirnovec8-130416.jpg

I love how they got the priest to bless the project/construction.

The article mentions a big thrill coaster with a ride time of 2 minutes, 3 water rides and that the ride manufacturers will be (mostly) Italian and German. The entrance price will be set at around 20€ and they expect 180 thousand visitors in their inaugural season.

Also, there were some more artwork photos in the article, plus a different park plan that clearly shows a coaster with a Wild Mouse layout on the left.

mirn12.jpg

mirn15.JPG

mirn13.jpg

mirn14.JPG

Source: http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/dalmaci ... -izgledati

Sandman

Giga Poster
Wait. One of those photos is a satellite image of an area of land with 4,5 ha written over it. Sounds like 4.5 hectares, which is pretty **** tiny. Considering Blackpool Pleasure Beach is 17 hectares.

Is that the whole park?

Olaf

Mega Poster
TilenB said:
Cornerstone has been laid today

mirnovec4-130416.jpg

mirnovec7-130416.jpg

mirnovec8-130416.jpg

I love how they got the priest to bless the project/construction.

The article mentions a big thrill coaster with a ride time of 2 minutes, 3 water rides and that the ride manufacturers will be (mostly) Italian and German. The entrance price will be set at around 20€ and they expect 180 thousand visitors in their inaugural season.

Also, there were some more artwork photos in the article, plus a different park plan that clearly shows a coaster with a Wild Mouse layout on the left.

mirn12.jpg

mirn15.JPG

mirn13.jpg

mirn14.JPG

Source: http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/dalmaci ... -izgledati
German Manufacturers? I hope they won't build another Blue Fire clone...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
I highly doubt it, they can barely fit an Alpina Blitz style coaster in the park, never mind something else.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I have a feeling that the "Big Thrill Coaster" swill be a Maurer Sky Wheel. They have about a 2 minute ride time, it'll fit in a small space, and fits in the price budget.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Olaf said:
Even though Bluefire is awesome, it is really boring to copy and paste it everywhere. I could imagine a small Gerstlauer Infinitycoaster like this one /watch?v=FBeOrmSYu_c (you'll have to add the YouTube URL before that since I am not allowed to link stuff since I just appeared here ^^)
This is also a very small themepark, it is its 4th coaster, but I think it fits it very well. Doesn't need much space, it is not very high, but it is still a lot of fun to ride. Gerstlauer offers this layout as a default layout. I could imagine that in a new smaller themepark, too.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Ireeb said:
Olaf said:
Even though Bluefire is awesome, it is really boring to copy and paste it everywhere. I could imagine a small Gerstlauer Infinitycoaster like this one /watch?v=FBeOrmSYu_c (you'll have to add the YouTube URL before that since I am not allowed to link stuff since I just appeared here ^^)
This is also a very small themepark, it is its 4th coaster, but I think it fits it very well. Doesn't need much space, it is not very high, but it is still a lot of fun to ride. Gerstlauer offers this layout as a default layout. I could imagine that in a new smaller themepark, too.

Karacho indeed is a awesome coaster, I've ridden it several times.it has great hangtime and a great launch. I actually can see that coming to the park. It would be a great coaster to thrill the guests.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk