What's new

Crealy Devon | Shark Trip | SBF Visa Group family coaster

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Crealy Devon new coaster 2014

Well I need to get the other one so we should get some goons together and do them ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Crealy Devon | Shark Trip | Unknown family coaster

Done a little bit of digging, seems that Shark Trip is a model name by SBF, so if the name is the model name then it will be this.

http://rcdb.com/10132.htm

Pic of the one in Austria
46p09np4080009mn0kvu00.jpg

Further digging suggests that Liberty City (Italy) suggests under 14 years old require a suitable guardian, can't mind a min/max height guide there though. (http://www.libertycityfun.com/ottovolante_squalo.php#.UsvWVNJdWA8)
Would say that contacting the park regarding spitefulness would be in order once up and running, if this turns out to be the ride.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

Do we really need a topic for this, you could have put it in the new rides in small parks topic.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

As it's one of the biggest news items in the UK this year, no :p

Must say I was hoping for something slightly more exciting than that but creds is creds.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Really? It's a little kiddie park in Cornwall. :wink:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

I know :p what else is the UK getting this year? Recycled coaster at pleasurewood hills and angry birds. Whoopy doo.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Re: Crealy Devon | Shark Trip | SBF Visa Group family coaste

"A whirlpool of adventure awaits you as you're swept away in the deep underwater kingdom. On the mysterious ocean floor, you'll find 4 exciting colourful rides including the exciting expedition on the back of the BRAND NEW Shark Bay small coaster!"

From Crealy's site. Probably is the same as the one above then, since they're saying it's a "Small Coaster".

Darren B

Giga Poster

I really hope they're setting up a webcam for this so we can follow the construction intensely ;)

In all seriousness, yeah it's only a kiddy cred, but it's still a cred. I've been on the one posted above in Austria and it's better than your average big apple so I'd place it between 4 and 5 on the one to Th13teen scale.

1452039_10152028271725081_176909513_n.jpg

Just because Serena's amazing graph needs more widespread acknowledgement.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Thanks :D I'm look forward to riding even more crappy kiddie creds this year, just so I can plot them on this!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I didn't think this was worthy of a new topic but it fits here. I've bolded the important bits.

Part of a £1million investment at Devon’s Crealy Great Adventure Park was officially opened yesterday.

Three generations of the Down family officially opened The Lost World of Atlantis.

Chris Down, managing director said: "2014 is a very exciting year for us. It’s our 25th anniversary and we are making a £1million investment in new rides and attractions.

"The Lost World of Atlantis is the first to open at Devon’s Crealy Great Adventure Park, with three fantastic new indoor rides and soft play areas for young children.

"A further two new rides and attractions will open between March and May as part of our 25 year celebration, offering families tremendous value."

Roy Down, chairman of Devon’s Crealy, a founding director and father to Chris Down, launched The Lost World of Atlantis with a ribbon cutting.

Helping were Captain Barnacles, leader of the Octonauts, and Kwazii the daredevil orange cat.

Roy said: "It was a pleasure to officially open this fantastic new attraction which is perfect for Pre-School children and families. We treasure our annual members and all our guests, and would like to thank those loyal members for attending the launch to enjoy the new rides and facilities."

The Lost World of Atlantis includes three new rides. Shark Bay, the eagerly awaited second rollercoaster to the Park, perfect for entertaining older children; the Super Subs featuring bright and colourful submarines and Neptune’s Seacups, a new teacup style ride suitable for all ages.

William Down aged seven, son to Chris and grandson to Roy, also attended the launch and said: "I love spinning in Neptune’s Seacups and think the underwater theme is amazing!"

Crealy swept the board in the recent Primary Times Star Awards in 2013, winning Family Attraction of the year and Best Overall in Devon for the third year running, voted by Primary Times readers.

Crealy Meadows Caravan and Camping Park also won Best Holiday Destination in Devon.
Source: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/New-att ... z2uSLAAGYL