What's new

Craziest Things You've Done at Parks

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
He was stating reasons why American coasters have such odd height restrictions, and since The Big One is an UK coaster, it is irrelevant to the argument at hand.

Despite its location, it has every relevance.. Its still a roller coaster, is it not?

Intricks said:
And before you bring up the second part that was given after bringing up Big One, rides in the US have surprising moments in which they are really close to a tunnel or something similar of that nature (which is common **** sense).

So instead of a nit-pick, it should have lead to - why do we have different restrictions?

But it's ok, we finally got there, you just answered it. I dunno if thats the real reason as its not your head that counts, its your reach that they check for in design. But seeing as you just gave me a possible theory, I accept that. Thats all I wanted to know..

Really, thats all it took. I put something out there, I asked, and after pansying around, you answered it.

Thank you.

BBH

Giga Poster
I unbuckled my seat belt BEFORE the train came to a complete stop on BTR. They see me rollin'...

Also, I didn't realize that PMBO was a 300-400 foot-tall must-be-glass-smooth modern-era Intamin insane WTF thing.

Nick P

Mega Poster
Took off my seat belt on Steel Force after we dispatched from the station. The seat belt was twisted so I had to untwist it. (It was bothering me...) Turns out the seat belts lock in place after you leave the station so I was struggling to buckle it back on for the majority of the lift hill. Thank God that lift was just as slow as those Asian knock-offs... :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
So instead of a nit-pick, it should have lead to - why do we have different restrictions?

To be fair Erol, you started the nit-picking by pulling up what Hyde said and then responded by calling Intricks stupid for trying to clarify things. It's hardly on to then be condescending to the guy.

Obviously, MF and TTD have the height limit to do with headrest because they're powerful Intamin creations, full of forces that could give you whiplash if you had a head that went above the headrest height.

Whereas PMBO is a POS that does nothing and the back rest is much lower down, so your entire body would move, rather than slamming your fragile neck backwards against the solid head rest top.

It will obviously be different per coaster and per ride type - Hyde just gave two examples where he knows the reason.

There's a topic somewhere about height limits if you want to discuss it further :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
furie said:
Screaming Coasters said:

To be fair Erol, you started the nit-picking by pulling up what Hyde said and then responded by calling Intricks stupid for trying to clarify things. It's hardly on to then be condescending to the guy.

I don't believe thats the case because I just question his theory to clarify on the answer, with the example of PMBO. I didn't nit-pick, I questioned. The nit-picking started when Intricks jumped in..

Anyway for arguments sake, I don't really care so lets say I'm wrong and lets move on.

Silly things I've done?

Well the silliest is probably when I ran that timed race thingy in Chessington's Wanyama. I went to stop, grabbed onto the wall and accidentally broke the panel.. lol :/

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I tend to narrate pretty much everything I go on. Some samples from Phoenix:
"They should put a barrel roll in this tunnel"
"That first drop is way better in the back"
"NO TRIMS NO TRIMS NO TRIMS YEEEEAAAHHHH"
"C'mon airtime yea boiii"
Skyrush
"This cable lift is speedy, isn't it"
"Yeah AIRTIIIME" *claps*
"Stengel dive here we go"
"Transition of doom oh boy AAAHHH"

It's pretty obnoxious.

fefa

Mega Poster
TilySlo said:
fefa said:
During one visit at Parque Warner in 2007 I did:

3.5 hours ERT on Batman without leaving my seat
3 hours ERT on Superman without leaving my seat
and 1.5 hours on Stunt Fall without leaving my seat

and in 2005 I was allowed to play ride operator for the Invertigo ride at Sommerland Syd for 2 hours in Denmark as well as climb the lift hill without supervision - they literally just let me do my thing there lol

Was it a real ERT with somekind of a group, or was that just due to the fact that the park was empty?

The park was packed but for aome reason no one queued up for the rollercoasters apart from that crappy wooden coaster. Staff just gave me and my friend two seats at the back on batman and superman and told us that we can stay on for as long as we liked.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I do remember a few other crazy things we did:

*Rode The Beast with a gaggle of teenage girls my age. The whole ride sounded like a One Direction concert mixed in with that rattling noise that woodies make.
*At Zoombezi Bay in Colombus, my cousin and I accidentally broke the weight limit for a two person raft slide and went into a turn too hard. The tube flipped and threw us both out.
*Played Ninja in the Millennium Force queue
*On Whitewater Canyon at KI, we went past the part with the manually-operated water jets and I screamed "Bring it on!" over and over again.
*On the second Mystery Mine lift, I screamed "Gentlemen, it has been a privilege flying with you!"
*At Kalahari in Sandusky, we were in an enclosed raft slide and I screamed for help like I was getting beaten up.
*My mom got scared on Carolina Goldrusher at Carowinds and I did whatever I could to keep her from grabbing my arm.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Made a balloon dog on Inferno. Played chess on Rattlesnake. Played ping pong on t'Biggun. Rode without my seatbelt on Colossus. Deliberately rubbing my hands on Vadge's face on Colossus. Used the mic in Swarm's control box. Dressed up as Imperial adventurer at CWOA. Had a "bath" on Duel at Alton Towers. Wore a blond mullet wig and fluorescent jacket all daty at CWOA. Consumed 12 slices of pizza then ride the teacups at Thorpe. Held a very public raffle outside the entrance to Dragon Falls on several occasions. Started and been part of many mexican waves in queue lines/on-rides. Annoyed several people by bashing them with inflatable hammers. Pretending I was a celeb and bluffing my way onto a kids-only cred in Walibi Belguim. Attempted to eat a whole packet of crisps between the first drop and brake run on Colossus.

I don't think I've done anything "crazy". My style is usually silly, immature and embrace the moment.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Guess mine would be taking part in a raffle outside Dragon Falls, eating a huge mixed grill and then riding Sheikra and playing virtual golf in the Colossus queue.

johhnyD1498

Mega Poster
-My boy Sam hooked my friends and I up by letting us go through the flash pass lane as single riders
-Told a guy i was on a ride with i had sh*t myself when we got to the brakes
-I also narrate on every ride at SFNE.
-Screamed like a little b*tch on Kingda Ka
-Countdown the launches on the Hulk and the Mummy

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I wave like a creep on the Vampire after the second lift hill. People actually wave back!

Im planning on doing single rider when The Smiler opens and doing that creepy smile to random people, that the man does in the ads.