What's new

COTALand to not open this year besides select Weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If papers have been signed & manufacturing has started on the Tilt, that'd be a very easy flip & sell. Not sure if it's made it to that stage yet.

The Infinity, however, would be tough IMO. Super odd layout, the stall over the road, and the hillside aspect on the spike end; I feel like that would be a challenge to find a site that would make sense for that one.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure this should be written off yet. It's a terribly great sign, but the circuit has also been operating in this manner for a while now. They also aren't hurting for money. They continue to capitalize from the incredible growth in F1 popularity. As a past ticket holder for the USGP at COTA, I can tell you that prices increased for this year's race by nearly 100% and they still sold the crap out of tickets. They aren't hurting for capital.

I'm not sure what the rationale is for the delay. Maybe they just want to make a more concerted effort with the big installations? I admit that it is strange that we haven't seen groundwork for the Gerstlauer, but I'm not ready to write it off yet, especially seeing how the entirety of the Gerstlauer seems to be sitting on property.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
This news was posted in the original thread. Let's continue the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.