What's new

COTALAND | Texas | Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle (Palindrome) & Vekoma Tilt (Circuit Breaker) & Others

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
On my end, I'm officially stating that, based on Whatzupnerdz's posts, that big Gerstlauer Dan's been wanting for a while at AA is this. If not that, either one of the Floridian Fun Spots or the aforementioned Mattel park.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The other option I've heard mentioned is the new Mattel theme park in Glendale Arizona. Ground work seems to have just started for the resort, big client with well known name and the weather to support year round operation.

Mattel is alluded to be receiving a Chance Rides Hyper Looping GTX, which was presumably signed off months ago if a groundbreaking has already begun - the timeline and location are right but I’d rule a Gerst as unlikely. This sounds like they finalized this only recently.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
A rather well put-together theory about this coaster's location emerged from ParkFans.net last week...
unknown.png

unknown.png

SOURCE: https://parkfans.net/threads/gerstl...wn-u-s-location-in-late-2022.7135/post-258625

He goes on to further justify the location through analyzing Ride Entertainment's specific wording and comparing it to that of the BizJournals interviews. Personally, I'm impressed with the amount of evidence behind his prediction, considering how most others have been entirely based on speculation and assumptions, but currently O-Town isn't my top guess for where this Infinity could be going. Regardless, I've really enjoyed following this project so far, especially without any leaks or insider information - man, do I miss teaser season...

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
A rather well put-together theory about this coaster's location emerged from ParkFans.net last week...
unknown.png

unknown.png

SOURCE: https://parkfans.net/threads/gerstl...wn-u-s-location-in-late-2022.7135/post-258625

He goes on to further justify the location through analyzing Ride Entertainment's specific wording and comparing it to that of the BizJournals interviews. Personally, I'm impressed with the amount of evidence behind his prediction, considering how most others have been entirely based on speculation and assumptions, but currently O-Town isn't my top guess for where this Infinity could be going. Regardless, I've really enjoyed following this project so far, especially without any leaks or insider information - man, do I miss teaser season...
.....that's gonna wind up being true, isn't it? It makes sense, checking all the boxes we know about the project.

CoasterHour

Roller Poster
unknown.png

unknown.png

I agree that this is impressive and this Gerstlauer has been one of the most fun coasters to speculate on in a long time I feel like. I'm still not 100% convinced it'll be O-Town but at this point for me, I think it's between that and Cotaland.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Based on that description, I'm basically picturing Gerstlauer's take on Wicked but hopefully better. Orlando is a great fit for the coaster imo, if true.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Can't see the article in Europe.
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Two new rides, including a roller coaster and giant swinging pendulum, will debut at COTALAND, a kid-friendly amusement park located at the Circuit of The Americas. COTALAND is slated to open in 2022.

The Palindrome, COTALAND’s newest shuttle roller coaster, will feature a 95-foot vertical lift hill, two upside-down inversions and a vertical “hop-stall” before taking the same route backwards.

The SkyBlazer is a swinging circular platform and will seat 18 riders side-by-side. During the ride, riders will be lifted off the ground hundreds of feet in the air before a ripcord releases, sending riders swinging through the air above the park.

“COTALAND will feature everything from rides for young children to hair-raising experiences that will thrill even the most experienced theme park lovers,” Matt Hughey, senior manager of COTA Karting and COTALAND, said in a press release statement. “Something for everyone!”

Also @CoasterHour

To me, this seems odd for Gerst, but lets see. This could be a surprise Vekoma announcement.

JustLarry

Roller Poster
In another forum a week ago I posted about this thing going to Cotaland. It's still my strongest contender. There were two reasons felt strong about this- 1st. after an interview I heard - the PR person kept talking about their "new theme park" no details just kept saying it enough for me to retain the fact. 2nd. a few days ago in ThemeParx, someone posted about them buying that new insane looking huge capacity Skycoaster!

Attachments

• BB02633D-9BAD-4048-B8DE-E6D80DF40740.png
    BB02633D-9BAD-4048-B8DE-E6D80DF40740.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 54
  • A98015D3-78CA-4C4B-87EF-D7D4B27CFF64.png
    A98015D3-78CA-4C4B-87EF-D7D4B27CFF64.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 54