What's new

Copycat topic (Josh's dev topic) [EUROFIGHTER UPDATE] P.3

Josh73

Giga Poster
Seeing as reddude has started a brilliant trend, I figured that I might as well make my own topic for upcoming projects.

All right, so right now I have a traditional corkscrew (with lots of foliage and scenery), a sci-fi themed wild-mouse, and a medival Maverick-esque launcher. The corkscrew is finished so I'll post that anyway, but would you rather see my wild-mouse first, or my launcher?

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Copycat topic (Josh's dev topic)

Medieval launcher sounds more interesting.
I'm bored of seeing industrial scenery.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Jamais deux sans trois ! I'm for the launcher too. Want to see its layout, and medival theming is (almost) always welcome :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

Still working on it, but here is a preview picture:

Shot0012.jpg

Josh73

Giga Poster

Don't get your hopes up, it isn't that great. The colour is not finalised, do you guys have any ideas?

Colossus

Giga Poster

The Mega-lite I used for my competition picture is green track with purple supports, kind of like Goliath. It took me ages to choose them colours, I find choosing the colours quite an important aspect, just have a play around with the colours and see what you like.

Edit, from what I can see from that picture, that theming looks really good.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I'm gping to post a more visible update of my Medievel Luancher soon(Monday or Tuesday), and I might be able to show you guys my crockscrew tomorrow. Sorry for the lack of updates, I just have basketball championships going on, and I'm kind of swamped, but after this weekend, I should be back on CF more often.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Nice job! :--D

Is it a giga?

I'd certainly give it brown supports, because of the medieval way of life was so reliant on it.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Sorry for lack of updates, trying to work out some CS bugs, I'm going to post some Crockscrew pictures Saturday afternoon.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I think you should reconsider the blue color for your launcher. It may work out be considering the other colors I see, you might look at a few more options. The scenery looks nice although a few different tree heights would really give it a more realistic feel. Looking forward to seeing more shots though.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oh. I'm not done, and as mention in my post a couple above:
I said:
The colour is not finalised, do you guys have any ideas?
But thanks for the tips.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I find the vivid red of the turret roofs very jarring. In less you were going for a Disney-esk romantic Medieval theme. I would have still toned it down. Something closer to Terracotta/Salom Pink might me nicer but still be colourful.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I actually really like the red, but if you are going for realism, it is probably not the best choice. For the purposes of a theme park though, I think it's a great look.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Looks great! I really like the use of scenery. My only critique as of now is that it looks like there is a kink in the track after the loops. May just be the angle but it looks like you unbanked the track when it wasn't necessary. Well-made otherwise. Simple, but unique layout and the rocks and water feature really make the difference.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Not bad at all :) My only critique would be the rocks on the right, don't feel entirely natural.