What's new

Confessions on a Coaster Forum

Idlewild

Mega Poster
I'm more of a general ride enthusiast than a coaster enthusiast, I think that coasters overshadow rides of similar size and that Thorpe and Alton have been building too many coasters over the past 10 years.

I think that Alton has a severe shortage of rides especially flat rides,

I have not been to a non-Merlin amusement part in years due to travel costs.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Although they usually get bad reviews, and there have been awful ones I've been on, there are 2 SLC's that I enjoyed which were Kumali & Jubilee Odyssey :)

Jake

Strata Poster
I think Universal IoA is one of the most over rated parks in the world.

I secretly don't like Disney parks that much.

I secretly love Pinfari and TOGO.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Jake said:

Totally agree. I thought it was beautiful, but I thought the actual theme park was rubbish. It's like an Apple product. Lovely to look at. Rubbish to use.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, pretty much.

I admire the operations of the parks and the attention to detail, but for some reason can't completely immerse myself in it all like everyone else seems to. I can't get past the fact that it's so synthetic and money grabbing. Getting pulled over at security like some sort of drug mule for having a can of fanta in my bag, really?

The other customers ruin it too. SO many VILE children, don't even get me started on the parents.

It might be because I'm an abused child and my parents would never take me there as a kid. Perhaps visiting for the first time at the age of 18 meant I was too old to be brainwashed?

Ben

CF Legend
^I think it has a lot to do with how, like, well, into Disney you are in general.

I think it's something you either "get" because you have the mental age of a five year old, or if you just don't get because you just... don't.

It probably does boil down to what a deprived childhood you are <3 I mean, you didn't jizz yourself when Lion King came out in 3D, and I cried my eyes out. It's just... being into it.

I just love them cause omgIwannabeaDisneyPrincess and spent my childhood wanting to be Belle with a big, rugged, hairy man to sweep me off my feet and take me to live in a castle. OK, yeah, I still want that, but, you know.

omg, Disney parks are fab <3

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Jake said:
I think Universal IoA is one of the most over rated parks in the world.

I secretly love Pinfari and TOGO.

I disagree about Universal, but I agree on the other two

Disney has NO thrilling/intense rides at ALL

TOGO and Pinfari are hilarious and they provide enjoyment that way.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
IntaminToWin said:
A> What about:
Tower of terror?
Rock n roller coaster? (more fun than thrilling, but still good enough imho)
California screamin?

B> When it's clearly aimed at families and fun, does it need super high thrills?

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
1. Been on Swarm 30+ (stopped counting after around 30...) and still don't know what to think of it.

2. Drop towers are pretty much the only ride I won't go on. I used to go on Detonator* but the tension before the drop stresses me out too much. (*Disclaimer: I'll only ride Det in the presence of Scarlet).

3. Two rides have made me genuinely fear for my life; a Divebomber at the o2's vintage fair and my first ever go on Rush at Thorpe Park in 2009. I was so traumatized by Rush that I would avoid it at all costs for about half a year! Funnily enough, it's my favourite flat ever now...but I still get very anxious before riding.

4. I've enjoyed every Vekoma I've been on so far and haven't found them to be rough at all. So far I've done Velocity, Kumali, Infusion, Corkscrew, Wipeout and X. Maybe Blue Tornado will change my view judging by how many people loathe it.

5. Drayton Manor is my 3rd favourite park (behind Thorpe and Alton).

6. I love G-Force and Shockwave.

Mike

Giga Poster
Whilst we're on the subject of Disney, I'm TERRIFIED of theme park charcters.

I wouldn't have any idea what to say or do around face characters and would likely just stand there awkwardly, and costumed characters are even more awkward...
No, I don't want to hug you, I've got no idea what you look like!

bmac

Giga Poster
I shook hands with Wile E. before he got axed from Great Adventures character line up. Now Mickey Mouse, get me the hell away from him.

Martyn B

CF Legend
caffeine_demon said:
IntaminToWin said:
A> What about:
Tower of terror?
Rock n roller coaster? (more fun than thrilling, but still good enough imho)
California screamin?

You can add Mission: Space to that list, and to a certain degree, Expedition Everest.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
IntaminToWin said:

What about Dinosaur? Not necessarily speed but damn that ride is intense.

Also Space at WDW is got it's moments.

They have thrilling rides just not mega-thrills.

bmac

Giga Poster
Expecting Disney to have a thrill ride like the caliber that Six Flags and Cedar Fair use is like expecting those parks to give that level of themeing to their rides. Not gonna happen.

BBH

Giga Poster
This will send the coaster gods into an uproar, but I find OTSR's, including Intamins.... *GASP*

*sigh* comfortable.

Mike

Giga Poster
^ The only OTSRs I've found uncomfortable have been the horrible Vekoma SLCs where you have to tuck your ears in just the get the thing over your head.