What's new

Colossus (Thorpe Park)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjex1

Roller Poster
Apparently (according to the person sitting behind me on the ride), It may stop on top of the loop. I nearly wet myself with fear!!! lol

A

Anonymous

If it was said by a member of the general public ignore it as most of it is crap.

A

Anonymous

Hell people believe in Santa and the Easter bunny so anythings possible. It may feel/look slow but i doubt it would stop in the loop unless something failed or very high winds.

I know nothing of Thorpe so I can't really comment.

Dave

CF Legend
No, the drop gives the ride enough speed to get through the loop, its well inside its design limits. Only way it could stop before the loop is if something like a wheels comes loose, but thats extremely unlikley.

Rush

Giga Poster
Tjex1 said:
Do you realy think I belived him!!!

Tjex1 said:
I nearly wet myself with fear!!!

Contradiction, no?

Although it would have to be pretty much a freak accident to stop in the loop, it has stalled between the fourth barrel roll and the final turn a few times before.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
lol i heard someone chatting the same things and also someone saying "oh someone died".

Colos'sucks was running poorer then ever today whitnessed two lengthy break downs (not sure if their were anymore) and sadly not sure of the reason but things pointed to a malfunction in one of the trains restraints.

On a side not saw is running a bit random (IMO) For some reason front row was amazing but back row kicked my ass. Ive ridden back before and was fine but today seemed differnt.

But anyways Colos'sux was beng very tempermental today so be warned lol

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I get guests all the time telling me that they were stuck in the loop on Demon, or were there when it happened all the time.

'Course since the one time it actually did happen was before many of them were born, I tend to laugh at them and remind them that it's not nice to tell lies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Colossus has more than enough momentum to get through its normal inversions. Like someone has already mentioned, it would probably only stall in the loop if there was a mechanical problem.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Nah that could never happen unless there was some major fault. According to the educational lecturer at thorpe the loop is shaped like a tear so it will never stop at the top of the loop. (Unless there was some freaky balancing going on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.