Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're okay at times

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Cobra Rolls. A popular inversion these days, and can be found on pretty much all large looping coasters, but are they as good as they are made out to be?

Do you love the experience of two inversions in one? Or would you rather have something completely different?

I personally can't see the appeal of them. They originated at Vekoma, on a Bomerang, and are bloody horrible on them. Then they got taken on by other manufacturers, and to be honest, I don't think they've got much better. The one on Colossus is the worst bit of the whole ride in my opinion.

Ben

CF Legend
They're my least favourite of all inversions..... they have a dead spot to me in the middle, I'd prefere two full sized inversions one after another to give that feeling. They can really interrupt the flow of a ride, and I find them some of the roughest elements.... it's the only part on Dragon Khan which got boring.

Mark

Strata Poster
I can take em either way TBH, I guess I never really thought about it. I think they look kinda cool but that is about it, I guess they look kinda stylish infact, depending on the coaster. For instanse the really tight ones on a B&M (trying to think of example - I think it were Hydra but I may also be chatting tripe). It just looks so oddly and unusually cool.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
well B&M do them really well, and I think they look cool, however if they aren't done properly they can ruin a ride - A La colossus.

Sam

Giga Poster
They look the business- so classy and so cool- I really do LOVE watching trains glide through them- as for actually riding them? I have only been on Colossus' and Raptor's- Raptors was bloody amazing and Colossus' is alrite but nothing too special- too much head banging.

Lain

Giga Poster
I've never experienced a cobra roll, but IMO they are the best looking inversions.

A

Anonymous

Look so good, but the only one I have been on hurt like a bad session of buggery, but then again, it was a Vek Boomerang, so argh

Dude

Roller Poster
I like Corbra Rolls. They are really good looking, and it gives coasters certian flair. IMO their best on B&M's, smooth transitions, quick inversions. Cool element.

Jake

Strata Poster
Ive been on Jubes's and Colossus's, i think they're cool, and i don't let one slightly more boring element ruin the whole coaster.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Nah they're nothing special imo but then again I aint a fan of inversions other than a standard loop anwyays , usually because I end up feeling dizzy etc!!

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
If there weren't any cobra rolls, then what would be in their places? A curve?
I mean it's a handy way to flip the train to face into the direction you came from.
Plus it's cool looking.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^I'd much prefer an immelmann or a dive loop instead to be honest. I find them to look more elegant, and feel better too (okay, I haven't been through an immelmann, but it loos good!)

A

Anonymous

Well, i don't mind. A cobra roll is good i guess, it doesn't spoil a ride. I think they are nothing special but they aren't bad either.

thx

Mega Poster
I'd rather have something else instead. I've only been on Colossus's and Tornado's (S?rk?nniemi). Colossus's is bad, I got headbanging, Tornado's is better, but that's probably because it's an inverted coaster. I think they are a little boring, but "ok"-sometimes.

A

Anonymous

I like them, they look the part, I thinks its elegant on some coasters when they coast through them!

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
I don't like Cobra Rolls. Waste of speed. They do nothing appart from moving the train to the right and back shaking and bumping the car every possible way. On Vekomas they are only headbangers. No thrills, no airtime. My least liked type of inversion.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I find the cobraroll on Colossus unpleasent, and Kumba's cobraroll wasn't a highlight for me...I think that's as far as my cobraroll love afair goes. So, I vote no.

davidm

Strata Poster
I like 'em.

(apart from on boomerangs - which are horrible).

B&M do them very well. I like the one a lot on Kumba for example.

Also they are SO photogenic (even Vekoma's).

Although I do prefer a nice big Immelman to be honest. But follow that up with a Cobra roll by all means.

D.

(Also they are good beer for that curry moment ) :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I really do enjoy them, very disorienting and very nice inversions. It really does, though, depend on how fast your going. I mean, I have gone through them at resonably slow paces (especially Hydra in the front seat, but not to worry, in the back, it is a pretty nice cobra roll), and they weren't really that good. But, on other coasters which go through them with some pretty substancial force and speed (Hulk and Raptor), they are definately an awesome inversion, with plenty of g's. Cobra Rolls are probably my favorite inversion, right up there with Batwings, though i still ahve yet to experience one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.