What's new

Coasters you'd love to ride but (probably) never will

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Not a topic I've seen before so here goes...

Which coaster would you really like to ride but never will, either because it no longer exists or simply because you don't think you'll ever get to the park where it resides?

For me it's a Togo UltraTwister Pipeline Coaster. I understand they're pretty horrible but they just seem unlike anything I've ever ridden so I'd love to try one. The problem is that I'm very unlikely to ever visit Japan, which is the only place there are any left operating, because my wife just doesn't fancy it. Even if I did it would probably only be a short stopover in Tokyo so getting to the nearest park that has one is not likely to happen.

So in my case, not definitely never but probably never. How about you guys?

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
A coaster that I want to ride but I am not sure I will be able to ride is Firehawk at kings island.

This is because the lines for firehawk are extremely long (this has to be the first ride you ride or you will face long lines), I live a while away from kings island (I live in Nashville Tennessee but I am thinking about going to Transylvania university for college which is in Lexington Kentucky), and I don't know how much longer firehawk will be there.

I want to ride firehawk because it looks like fun to me (y'all may be different), I want to ride a flying coaster where you lie down on your back toward the track, and I want to go to kings island at some point.

I know that firehawk is unpopular to most of the coaster community, however, I want to give it a try (you never know what something is like until you try it), and thus, it deserves to be ridden by me. I always go into the mindset when riding rides these days that it will be awesome. This is because you need a positive attitude to look a life in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
You must have bad luck. I've been on it a number of times with it nearly walk-on. Evening rides are typically pretty short in terms of queue.

I'd say rides in Japan. There are a plethora of rides over there I may never get to as Japan isn't in the cards for quite a while tbh.

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
Snoo, I have not been to kings island yet, so I haven't gotten a chance to ride firehawk. I just wanted to let you know, so you don't get confused, and I only put the long lines in there based upon a lot of trip reports to kings island.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Firehawk was a walk-on for me as well. If you're planning on going to Kings Island, I wouldn't worry about it having long queues as long as you ride it in the morning.

I'd say Japan and China for me. Lots of cool coasters over there I'd like to try (Flying Dinosaur and Wood Coaster come to mind). It's kind of hard to decide really. I'm still kind of young so I have no idea what would be in store for me in the years to come.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I REALLY want to ride Euro-mir or some kind of Mack Spinning coaster, but I probably never will.
I also would like to ride Some other GCIs other that Mystic Timbers cause that's close. Maybe El Toro at SFGA too? I need to ride some more wooden coasters!!!

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
GuyWithAStick you forgot one important part about "China". You forgot the hand gesture that trump makes with China. Here it is: . Except it goes from upper right to lower left.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Something more mundane for me: Monster at Adventureland in Iowa.

It's a neat coaster, and looks gorgeous. It's not in a place that's technically inaccessible to me. But I can't see any reason at all why I should ever find myself close enough to Iowa to go ride it, and I'm not dedicated enough as an enthusiast to take the detour from, say, Chicago or Minneapolis if I ever go there. As far as I'm concerned, Des Moines is not a place I'd ever have legit business or visit for unrelated reasons, even if I found myself in a neighbouring state. I'd find something else to spend my time doing. Monster is a fine coaster, sure, but it's so remote that it ends up waaaay down on the priorities list.

I guess that goes double for Cannibal at Lagoon, since Utah is nowhere close to anything at all, but Monster was the first example that popped into my head.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
A coaster that I want to ride but I am not sure I will be able to ride is Firehawk at kings island.

This is because the lines for firehawk are extremely long (this has to be the first ride you ride or you will face long lines), I live a while away from kings island (I live in Nashville Tennessee but I am thinking about going to Transylvania university for college which is in Lexington Kentucky), and I don't know how much longer firehawk will be there.

I want to ride firehawk because it looks like fun to me (y'all may be different), I want to ride a flying coaster where you lie down on your back toward the track, and I want to go to kings island at some point.

I know that firehawk is unpopular to most of the coaster community, however, I want to give it a try (you never know what something is like until you try it), and thus, it deserves to be ridden by me. I always go into the mindset when riding rides these days that it will be awesome. This is because you need a positive attitude to look a life in a good way.

I went on Firehawk once before. It's not worth the wait, or the drive in your case.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I can say right now, while I still don't have my own car or job, I'm not going to be riding anything at Alton Towers or Thorpe Park.

Which is a shame because I've been wanting to ride Smiler for AGES now...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Coasters that enforce no single riders
nznNgjK.jpg

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Pretty much China.
I'm never likely to go there cos they have fur farms and they eat dogs n stuff, but man, some of the parks and coasters that are springing up over there look immense.

Also Dodonpa and Steel Dragon.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Asian roller coasters are going to be low on the travel priorities.

Edward M

Strata Poster
China for me. Especially roller coasters in less well known cities like Xiamen or Wuhu. I could see myself making it to Shanghai or Beijing, but most other cities aren't likely.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Anything in China/UAE. I have no desire to travel to either, as it would be solely for creds, which it's not that important to me. If there happens to be a park I want to go to on a trip I'm already going on international, I'll go, but I'm not flying halfway across the world for a simple +1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk