What's new

Coasters that made you feel nothing

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Most of us have likely ridden one, a coaster that wasn't bad but wasn't exactly good. A coaster that you got off feeling nothing much. What rides have you ridden that were just completely middle of the road?

Christian

Hyper Poster
Silver Star at Europa Park. Except for a tad bit of airtime off the mcbr there is absolutely nothing on that ride.

Some on CF really love it, I just don't see what there is to love about it. Maybe that it looks good? It's like finding a pretty girl but then realising there is nothing more than the good looks. Works for a one night stand but nothing more.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Not a coaster but Rush at Thorpe Park runs such an awfully short cycle, sometimes not even making it to full swing, that I get off still craving the adrenaline rush that the ride was supposed to fill. I wish I liked it more but that requires the ride to run a better cycle

For actual coasters I'll say all zyklons and spinning mice, I used to love these things but I'm just a bit over them now having ridden (what I like to think) so many of them, plus my expectations of rides involuntarily increasing as I ride better coasters

For actual thrill coasters... most rides that I have the "It didn't do anything" feeling for are ones that I've only ridden once or twice, so I'm a bit unable to tell if that was just a 'one-off' ride on a bad day or if it consistently runs like that. I think that the most consistently 'eh' ride for me though is Swarm at Thorpe, but even that ride still does things (namely its occasional horrific bounce that does something in a negative way) or the crushing positives in the turn over the lake

Sandman

Giga Poster
Silver Star at Europa Park. Except for a tad bit of airtime off the mcbr there is absolutely nothing on that ride.

Some on CF really love it, I just don't see what there is to love about it. Maybe that it looks good? It's like finding a pretty girl but then realising there is nothing more than the good looks. Works for a one night stand but nothing more.

I sort of get this from all the major EP coasters. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with any of them on paper...just lacking that extra 'oomph' I find with other versions of those respective ride types.

Not a coaster but Rush at Thorpe Park runs such an awfully short cycle, sometimes not even making it to full swing, that I get off still craving the adrenaline rush that the ride was supposed to fill. I wish I liked it more but that requires the ride to run a better cycle
I 100% agree with this. I don't really understand why so many people love this. It has uncomfortable seats and I would much rather go on the other pendulum ride at the park, Vortex. Controversially, I may even go as far as saying that I'd put it on par with Quantum but idk. Very underwhelming, especially given all the great things I'd heard about it. But maybe that was the problem, maybe my expectations were set too high after hearing the praise it got from others.

Last edited:

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Thirteen.

From the uncomfortable train seats to the abysmal layout. Had high hopes when it was first announced but it's just a very awkward coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Feels like a line from A Chorus Line:

I'm a bit hardpressed, as every coaster has at least something. But, looking at my rankings: Hangtime. Don't get me wrong, it's a very cool coaster and compact layout - but also one I quite forget, especially with having so many inversions packed in. 🤷‍♂️

rob666

Hyper Poster
I'll second that.

Recently got some rides on it again on opening day and I still feel so 'meh' after coming off.

Its not a bad coaster, but it's also not a great coaster (IMO).....it's just okay :confused:
It was built so I will have something to ride in my old age.
Been on it more than once where the average age of riders on the train was well over fifty...
Word is getting round.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Steel Force.

For such a massive coaster, I got off completely underwhelmed as if I'd gone on a casual train ride across the park. It was absolutely nothing special and I wasn't even remotely tempted to ride it a second time. It's a mid to upper tier mine train.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Steel Force.

For such a massive coaster, I got off completely underwhelmed as if I'd gone on a casual train ride across the park. It was absolutely nothing special and I wasn't even remotely tempted to ride it a second time. It's a mid to upper tier mine train.
Oh good one - Morgan Hypers in general feel like a hollowed-out Arrow Hyper, everytime.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Troy.
I really used to enjoy it a lot. It even was my favourite GCI for some time, putting up a strong fight against Wodan. And then, I had my first Wodan ride at over 30 degrees in 2018.

We’ll ever since those rides, I simply feel nothing when riding Troy. It just feels like it is permanently just a bit too slow, and just lacks the final punch that a (hot) Wodan has plenty of.

Also a candidate: Joris en de Draak, after the triple up it is just weird laterals and… there. Never enjoyed this, I always look like Mr. bean when riding it since my very first ride.

j-cat5

Roller Poster
While I'm here, probably not popular opinion, but FLY at Phantasialand made me feel nothing at all. I seem to be pretty much alone in this category so perhaps I caught it on a bad day (first thing in the morning in December).

Actually I tell a lie, I did feel something-slight discomfort from the restraints 🤣🤣🤣

Rock_N_RollBob

Roller Poster
For whatever reason, Diamondback at KI seems to hit the airtime hills too slow for me. It's gorgeous and big...I get it. Even in the very back, it seems to tease more than deliver. Nitro, too.
KI Fan - lol :mad:

James F

Hyper Poster
Balder.

Turn hill turn > Turn hill turn > Turn hill turn > Turn hill turn > Turn hill turn > Turn hill turn 😴😴😴

Dar

Hyper Poster
I know it's not meant for me, but the first thing that popped into my head is Raik. It's just kinda there in the area and gets close to Taron and that's it?

Matt N

CF Legend
One that springs to mind for me is Atlantica SuperSplash at Europa Park. It's quite an imposing-looking ride, and I was hoping that the drops might provide some good airtime or speed or something, but it didn't really do an awful lot for me... it felt like a bit of a one-and-done ride for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad at what it does, but I'm not losing any sleep over the fact that we only rode it once during our trip to Europa.

Last edited: