What's new

CoasterCrazy's rct3 development thread - What's Next?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Another copycat topic but still...

Fellow CF'ers, I present to you:

N6RUu.png

So, this forum is designed so that you can view, comment, criticise and complement my rct3 creations. I am open to any scrutinization which anyone might have and will gladly recieve it, as it should improve my creations in the future.

I have yet to get a youtube account, so no off and on ride POV's to come just yet. :?

Absolutely no CS or CTR's used. :--D

Anyway, my current projects are:

Unknown

-Pirate/adventure themed water coaster...in the dark!
Screenshots to come.

Dragon's venom

-B&M invert situated in a large valley
-Themed loosely around a mediterranean village terrorised by an evil dragon (of course!)

Unfortunately, no further work has been done since the last update, therefore here are a few pictures, the rest of which can be found on Josh's "Terrain Challenge"

Apd89.jpg

Qi9ik.jpg

iSjxM.jpg

VJqpt.jpg

MAA0o.jpg

Famously late...

Rainforest city

-Colossal park situated in the Jungle, with Jungle theming and all that.

oxUeg.jpg

A rough overview of the park

33YDK.jpg

I4ZbL.jpg

Launched woodie! Signature shot! :--D

qjBci.jpg

In the middle of this shot is Valley blaster, my signature attraction, inspired by Nemesis

fPgmY.jpg

Vekoma GIB, flying turns and a "Towering roller coaster"

rE6pD.jpg

Kiddie's woodie credit!

cLSBw.jpg

A smaller version of TTD.

6irzj.jpg

Launched woodie (again) and Kid's suspended coaster

Qo6OO.jpg

More kiddie credits and VJB (Vekoma Junior boomerang)

BvIK9.jpg

That's a lot of wood!

N5gZX.jpg

(Vekoma/Anton/Arrow?) Sit down looping coaster

2x1KF.jpg

New coaster, inspired by the Georgia Scorcher (SFOG)

ALw75.jpg

Poisin adder, my maurer X -car inspired by G-Force (DM)

52Sea.jpg

Did I mention Valley blaster? Or the log flume?

dQ78i.jpg

And another water ride (the splash is there, I assure you!)

9jJkK.jpg

Flyer and 4D!

7IiWa.jpg

More goodeness from the fourth dimension! Can you spot the river rapids?

So That's all folk's :wink: for the moment at least, although more updates will be coming soon.

Thanks! :--D

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: CoasterCrazy's rct3 development thread

Nice, full (but not too crowded) look to your park. But you have some serious foliage and support issues that you need to work out. Also, no chain lift on the small woodie? Or do my eyes deceive me. And the color schemes seem very RCT/RCT2 for some reason.

As for the other coaster, I like the waterfall section but it could use some terrain smoothing...

scw55

Hyper Poster

It's like the British Forestry Commission planted your Jungle. At least they used native trees.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^^There is chain I assure you! Strange picture. All my work at the moment is unfinished Derek, so of course I'll smooth out everything for you! Support issues...you think I should use steelworks? (Or cut down some trees to make room).

Sorry about my slightly over usage of the parlor palm, I just think that tree fits in with everything! :--D

scw55

Hyper Poster

When forests of only one species of trees exist, it's 99.999% of the time planted by man with the intent of harvesting the trees for timber to sell. Often it's rapid growing pines and it ignores wether the tree is native. They're planted very closely to be space efficient.

The density of the foilage kills off any other plants from growing. Local wildlife is also damaged by the presence of unnative trees/only one type of tree.

It also looks ugly and boring :p

I understand this one tree suites the theme well, but surely there weren't any other trees? Even bushes. Something else. It'd be a ball ache to replace the trees, but if you can face it, it would make the world of difference. Variety is the spice of life. The closer you get to replicating realism the more engaging it becomes, in till you hit the uncanny valley.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The rides look great, but the buildings... :(

Large areas of the same wall/roof repeated and square and blocky. It detracts from the aesthetic, particularly in the jungle where you want it to fit in with a natural environment.

I also love the waterfall, but the straight, angle wooden path looks pretty nasty. You've got this fantastic waterfall feature that looks really impressive, but the paths on either side complete detract from. Embedding the paths would look much better.

So rides = great. General look = good effort. Closer environmental look = needs work :)

Kata1

Roller Poster

Is there suppose to be images? Cas I can't see any.

Josh73

Giga Poster

^Yes there are pictures.

I would suggest cunston supporting because with all of the trees, there is no room for supports. :lol:

scw55

Hyper Poster

Custom supports are awesome. Shame it's such a ball-ache (I find it so) to put them up. It's worth it, but it's hell to do it.

In my project I have a Tilt coaster to do supports for and... no supports I've used so far have worked. Weee.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I actually LOVE putting Custom Supports up, they're just fun to do, IMO.

Kata1

Roller Poster

Where do you download custom supports? I downloaded custom cat walks, and it works well. But I can't find anywhere to download custom supports.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Thanks everyone for all your comments. Personally, I'm a bit of an alien to downloading CS and CTR's, as have tried to download steelworx once, but have failed miserably. Help please on the basic principles...

Updates coming next week.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I use the principle of do what ever it takes to support the track, but never kill anyone with the supports.
That works well.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Actually maybe he wanted to say he has problems downloading and installing Steelworx, not with support work itself.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Well yeah, if you misplace a file you get horrendous out comes.

I downloaded burning buildings for my failed Intamin contest entry and I placed a folder in the wrong place.
So if I misclick it on the scenery list, it crashes my game :pI can't find the rogue file so, yeah, I am cursed forever ^^

reddude333

Giga Poster

I have a few files like that. I generally just try to avoid them and save regularly. More just because I can't be bothered to find them in the game files haha.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Right then! For my 800th post....as promised...

Unkown Pirate themed water coaster - construction update

ETG9K.jpg

"Coaster Section"

EMw5C.jpg

Into the "enclosed section"

XWSqX.jpg

An overview of the site

IA2XD.png

Inside the enclosed section...

rHAWo.png

Splash down with double waterfalls!

z1KGc.jpg

Thanks Derek! :wink:

And...my youtube!

Here's the link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterCraz ... ature=mhee
Username:CoasterCrazy014 (surpise!)

Sorry about the slightly cropped screen for some of the videos, which I will almost certainly change in my future videos. This is because of both the old camera I had to use for some videos (There are some HD ones, promise!) and the editing software I use.

Please view, like (hopefully) and subscribe to my channel and videos, I would certainly recommend viewing the Thorpe Park Music Video.

Please can everyone post the links to their channels below so that I can do similar actions.

I will keep you updated on this thread.

Thanks! :--D

reddude333

Giga Poster

You're welcome! :-D The ride is looking great and I like the theming so far. Just make sure you do something about the flat green terrain at some point...it's a little dull but I figure you were gonna deal with that soon.

And I will definitely sub you...you should sub me too! Although I am a part of 4 different Youtube channels so I'll post links to all and you can choose the ones you want haha!

reddude333: http://www.youtube.com/user/reddude333?feature=mhee This one is my miscellaneous channel and it contains all of my RCT3 and NoLimits vids.

Palomar008Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/Palomar008Show This is where I hosted my web series and it is somewhat defunct right now.

AdventurezInParadise: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventurezInParadise This is where I post my vlogs. It's active and will hopefully have a vid at SFMM if I make it there.

BLAMovieBros: http://www.youtube.com/user/blamoviebros?feature=results_main My "old" short film channel with tons of silly videos I made a long time ago. Somewhat defunct as well.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Wow!

Thanks alot for all of that information! Really helpful. Nice videos by the way! You now have 9 subscribers :wink:

Thanks for the advice too, what do you think I should do with the "coaster section"? I was planning on a lagoon, but what else can I add?