What's new

CoasterCrazy's Florida 2012 "Coaster Pilgrimage"

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Featuring Coasters, construction, Turtles, "Tropical Depressions" and more!

So...I am of course aware of the abundance of trip reports of Florida...however, this forum varies profusely
from the norm!

Firstly...my Camera will go anywhere! Nooks, crannies, netting...

XmOuO.jpg

Unprecedented Sheikra shot!

QaroY.jpg

New train for Cheetah hunt???

Secondly...most coasters are complemented with videos from my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterCrazy014

A little video to demonstrate:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6oonuSGt-0&list=UUHmX1Vq-o0xZnYDZOeGMAXA&index=3&feature=plcp[/video]

(Partial HD)

Top 15 credits:

1.Kumba/Kraken
2.Kumba/Kraken
3.Raptor (GL)
4.Montu
5.HRRR
6.Nemesis
7.Swarm
8.Hulk
9.Sheikra
10.Rita
11.Manta
12.Dragon Challenge
13.Oblivion
14.Stealth
15.Gwazi

Controversial...but all will be explained imminently...

Itenary

Fun Spot/Old Town Kissimmee
Universal studios
Wet n' Wild
Islands of Adventure
Aquatica
Sea World x2
Islands of adventure
Wet n' Wild
Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios
Busch Gardens x2

Anyway, first update:

Day 1 - Fun Spot Kissimmee and Old Town

Two pay as you go parks which are ridiculously expensive...

snphK.jpg

Entrance and power Trip coaster, a Zamperla spinner with nothing aberrant. Who remembers Galaxy Spin?

GtMhx.jpg

M9LOH.jpg

More rides:

GsdOx.jpg

cUQzN.jpg

l1SQx.jpg

u5xrl.jpg

O71Th.jpg

TVQ6c.jpg

DgNMT.jpg

ykdT6.jpg

SpLlt.jpg

World's tallest Skycoaster (currently)

SpLlt.jpg

More Zamperla...

KDMBn.jpg

JntLO.jpg

DGENB.jpg

KZFNj.jpg

Old Town

HH1cD.jpg

45xRi.jpg

Expensive and extreme....

ZPHjh.jpg

FicNf.jpg

Uh - Oh...

FLgmo.jpg

See how petrified they are???!

SVAvK.jpg

Yay! S&MC Hurricane! Nope, more Zamperla!

fMhlV.jpg

Which was broken down :cry: They were "Trying to fix it".

Mandatory Wacky Worm

vAjbn.jpg

Yuk! The sole circuit I ever viewed...representative of the prodigious horror of the ride...

8UJqj.jpg

Too tall....

Next update: Universal Studios, featuring numerous construction updates and spoilers!

peep

CF Legend
Hang on, you went SeaWorld twice and didn't touch Disney? Very confused here. Oh and looking at those pics I'm glad I didn't go credit whoring at Fun Spot.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: CoasterCrazy's Florida 2012 "Coaster Pilgrimage"

Yeah, when you've been spending days at Disney and Universal Fun Spot/Old Town look like real dumps, bug they're not that bad, no worse than the seasidey type places we have over here.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I actually found Old Town to be quite gross to be honest. Genuinely felt a little unsafe with lots of dodgy people around, plus rides that look like they're falling apart. Fun Spot was ok though.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
peep said:
Hang on, you went SeaWorld twice and didn't touch Disney? Very confused here. Oh and looking at those pics I'm glad I didn't go credit whoring at Fun Spot.

Ok, let me justify my actions....Simply, I've already been there! I traveled to Florida two years ago (before I became a "Proper Enthusiast") and visited all the Disney Parks. Summit Plummet was awesome, Expedition Everest was exhilarating and Rockin' roller coaster was superb...however, they were my only incentives to re - visit. All the other coasters were, frankly, disappointing in terms of thrill and now, half of magic Kingdom is boarded up and test track is closed (it was...decent)! (I believe).

My itenary was comprehensive already...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Day 2

Universal studios!

qhBay.jpg

First aberrant theme park!

VY6Jl.jpg

Exciting...

HRRR - 10/10

An absolutely incredible ride in close to all aspects, and one which I find difficult to criticize. Perfect aesthetics and is an all round forceful ride, notably in the drop, non-inverting loop and inclined loop at the end of the action packed layout. The ride is comparatively extremely long, which no less than five break runs, which augment capacity. The on-board audio track is significantly good, although at times it was somewhat inaudible, although that changed at night. In the morning there was barely a queue and therefore I manged to ride it a total of 6 times (all but two in the back car).

cioZr.jpg

90 Degrees!

XyQZJ.jpg

Oddly enough, I prefer these to conventional loops, although it is a bit rough nearing the crest.

1YEy5.jpg

Daunting....yet fun simultaneously!

UaIPZ.jpg

Did I mention the ride's outstanding efficiency? If only G-Force could be this efficient!

7efdx.jpg

Speed!

RM7S0.jpg

Strangely enough...no airtime!

ZGf6G.jpg

Best element ever!

IEZgM.jpg

So what's going on behind the scenes?
Be grateful! I risked life and limb to obtain these shots! (Not really)

Construction site #1

OZV7B.jpg

0vV0N.jpg

Cq85b.jpg

Why so tall????

Site #2 (Harry Potter?)

AU5T7.jpg

RktSN.jpg

zC5bE.jpg

Notice anything odd?

p7Isl.jpg

Spite the crane!

WWVi5.jpg

And on the second day...

VCt18.jpg

SsqOM.jpg

Woody woodpecker....just a credit!

YiI83.jpg

4qQry.jpg

Revenge of the Mummy 7/10 - Overall, a great ride with great theming and fire effects (worth the wait), however, the coaster section is lacking in the thrills department and hurts slightly.

Disaster! - 7/10

Funny in certain aspects and of very high quality generally.

Jaws - 0/10 Couldn't even find the ride entrance! Despicable...

bPu5w.jpg

Remember me??

http://i.imgur.com/MfOeY.jpg[img]

I may be aged but I can still eat you...

[b]Simpsons ride - 2/10[/b] No joke, in a nutshell the ride is awful. A ridiculous and irritating queue line, horrible efficiency and WAY too much pre - show. The ride might as well have been stationary.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OktCE.jpg

Men in black - 6/10 Good. The spinning parts are nice additions, but frankly, the ride possesses no other abnormal features.

7uGVx.jpg

Msdt6.jpg

Erm...

Superstar parade!

tCB6k.jpg

ErggY.jpg

48jnI.jpg

SLxiK.jpg

ZvTL3.jpg

And that concluded it! Certainly does not rival Disney.

Beetlejuice 8-10 Humorous, entertaining and featured very good effects.

cEycw.jpg

kvk6b.jpg

Shrek 9/10 Fun little family attraction!

The reason I didn't ride despicable me on the first day...

However, when I did:

ck1SH.jpg

The queue had merely exacerbated

Despicable me - 4/10 Possessing a neat queue line and pre - show areas, however, the actual ride was a complete debacle of activity and was barely superlative to the Simpsons ride.

aiKea.jpg

Pre - show area #1

LYqln.jpg

What's this? Another one?

aoP0M.png

HRRR was epic at night. Seriously.

Horror make - up show - 9/10 Brilliantly hilarious and interesting.

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/gT5kw.jpg][/img]

Terminator - 7/10 Comparatively amazing with a unique blend of live action and video.

KP5fz.jpg

An amazing finale to the two days.

Thanks Universal for a great day! (Excluding certain attractions)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Next day...Universal's Islands of Adventure! (IOA)

If you're in one of the 23 out of about 250 countries where my video isn't blocked, you might be able to view this.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmIyn56vm4[/youtube]

So...to the first park with significant credits in excess of one. In fact, in terms of "Park feel" I'm not currently certain which one I prefer....

Firstly, let's get straight to the action!

What Exactly is Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey?

Now, the large majority of you will probably have viewed a POV and become totally confused as to the rides features.

gDBFZ.jpg

A marvellous exterior

Already queued for 45 minutes when...

oc3c9.jpg

We're inside the castle!

BAHm4.jpg

nFDK5.jpg

Erm....excuse me, do you know where the Single Rider Queue is?
Anyway, inside now, so it can't be long now...

KLrzj.jpg

Oh.

7shZP.jpg

Perfect.

9dgYX.jpg

8hlyj.jpg

Abundance of theming....

sDL6x.jpg

Going in again....almost there!

ljltG.jpg

2Wibb.jpg

dbfTb.jpg

gZNxv.jpg

Ooooh...

u0w55.jpg

aUHtj.jpg

What? More queueline? What is this trickery?

DuEzO.jpg

4DQKF.jpg

So here we are! Essentially, the ride is an rct3 suspended "robotic coaster" if that makes sense, which is constantly moving.

9.5/10

What a superb ride! The surrounding area is incredible, the innovative features of the ride are outstanding with meticulously timed lighting, film and scenery - at one point you come face to face with a dementor! (Which was the time in which the ride stalled in a somewhat uncomfortable position).
One criticism....its wasn't a coaster...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2iHplrMqs&list=UUHmX1Vq-o0xZnYDZOeGMAXA&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

The real reason for my presence...

erDG4.jpg

Hulk - 8.5/10

One of most popular coasters on the planet certainly did not not disappoint. The launch is absolutely exhilirating and equally so the subsequent cobra roll, with the tunnel being incredible. However, the ride is unfortunately a bit rough in places, more so in the latter half of the ride. However that didn't stop me riding 5 times....the short queue and the ride's efficiency aided this!

vJVOs.jpg

Dragon Challenge - 7/10

Overall, the two coasters complement each other other extraordinarily well and these are two real "Old school" B&Ms. However....like the hulk, the rides are pretty rough, which does detract quite a lot from the ride experience, in addition to the non - duelling nature of the ride now. It seemed incomplete without duelling and simply was diminished in splendor. The "red one" - the Chinese fireball was far better, with a seemingly additional inversion and even a little airtime in the backseat. :wink:
Dudley Do - Right's Ripsaw Falls - 9.5/10

Ok, I'll admit it...I've haven't ridden particularly many log flumes, with GL's, WDWMK. AT's and TP's being the best I'd previously experienced, so the "Best in the world" theory is seemingly adequate. I certainly wouldn't say its a ride that I'd ride 10 times consecutively, and the "big drop" is diminished by the spray however, it does have air - time (and lap bars!). The sole reason for my rating was the numerous drops in the layout, normally there exists only one.

6IAzi.jpg

epgEl.jpg

gQVbc.jpg

The reason I only rode once....that's more than Forbidden Journey's!

Advice: Head to Ripsaw falls first rather than forbidden Journey, which is solely sub half an hour at midday and can get on in 5 mins on single rider.

Flight Of the Hippogriff - 6/10

I was mildly surprised with how "fun" the coaster was, however it hurt and was far too short.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2F5-KE3EP0&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Bilge Rat Barges - 5/10

Well themed, but not particularly exciting.

So that that concludes the report! Next up: Aquatica or aptly known as A - Crap - ita