What's new

CoasterBot Poll - 2022 Open

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Interesting, as Ello Coaster recently announced foregoing their annual poll so as to not inadvertently tip polling data due to low travel/park turnout this year.
Was quite surprised by this one. My favourite rides are still my favourite rides no matter how much travelling I've done in the past year.
I understand it may affect the numbers for the small handful of coasters that managed to open for the first time in 2020, but historically new rides are often skewed a little by recency bias anyway.

As for this new one, I think I've inputted data for this type of thing one too many times now, will probably pass.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Was quite surprised by this one. My favourite rides are still my favourite rides no matter how much travelling I've done in the past year.
I understand it may affect the numbers for the small handful of coasters that managed to open for the first time in 2020, but historically new rides are often skewed a little by recency bias anyway.

As for this new one, I think I've inputted data for this type of thing one too many times now, will probably pass.
Agreed - only a handful of planned 2020 coaster actually opened (Iron Gwazi, Pantheon, Ice Breaker, etc. still have yet to open); so you're not losing that much data knowing folks have traveled less this year.

I mean, Steel Vengeance will still reign supreme regardless. :p

coasterbot

Roller Poster
Hello!

I wanted to revive this thread because Vote Coasters, our annual roller coaster poll, is back for 2021! Last year was a huge success and Vote Coasters quickly became the largest annual roller coaster in the world (well at least according to what I could google). 2,700 people took part and ranked a collective 115,000 roller coasters in their lists.

We're back in 2021 to update the rankings and find the world's best roller coasters. We've revamped the ranking portal to make it easier than ever to use on both mobile and desktop. The more people that take part the better the poll will be - so why not rank some of the roller coasters you've ridden and contribute your opinion! Over 2,800 people have already done so this year - hopefully we'll hit 3,000 by the time polling closes at the end of November.

If you're interested in taking part, click here!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hello!

I wanted to revive this thread because Vote Coasters, our annual roller coaster poll, is back for 2021! Last year was a huge success and Vote Coasters quickly became the largest annual roller coaster in the world (well at least according to what I could google). 2,700 people took part and ranked a collective 115,000 roller coasters in their lists.

We're back in 2021 to update the rankings and find the world's best roller coasters. We've revamped the ranking portal to make it easier than ever to use on both mobile and desktop. The more people that take part the better the poll will be - so why not rank some of the roller coasters you've ridden and contribute your opinion! Over 2,800 people have already done so this year - hopefully we'll hit 3,000 by the time polling closes at the end of November.

Great reminder - updating my ballot now!

nadroJ

CF Legend
DONE! It's weird, for me I'd never really paid attention to anything more than a Top 10, so see a top 20, 30, 50 etc emerge is quite interesting!

My method was thus:

Whittle down a list of 'substantial' coasters from my count (I ended up with 225 to rank)
Place into the list
Arrange via the criteria 'which would I rather ride right now'?
Final wiggle

I'm pleased with where I got to.

Will

Strata Poster
Well, that's all my coasters that score 8 or more out of 10 ranked.

...I'm intending to try to rank the 7s (including the 6s would be an act of masochism) but we shall see how bored I get in the coming evenings :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Stupid question, and happy for someone to say "It says right here, dofus", with a link, but when does the poll close?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Stupid question, and happy for someone to say "It says right here, dofus", with a link, but when does the poll close?
Hello!

;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And I'm fairly sure there's two os in doofus ;)
200.gif

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Managed to rank 50 but I'd say the last 30 or so we're just a collection of rides I like about the same amount but it's nice to give some voting weight to all the coasters outside of the usual top 10 crowd that are still great.

In terms of new coasters Kondaa, RTH and F.L.Y all featured.

Will

Strata Poster
Right, we have a Top 85, which was surprisingly hard work.

I'm not convinced I'd *really* rather ride a soquet mine train than Daemonen, but that's how it's staying for now :D

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I’ve only really got a top 20, but I’m in the process of switching from coaster count to excel right now, so will try and do a top 50 if I’m not too late.