What's new

Coaster?

CMonster

Giga Poster
I know this question's been asked many times before, but would the alpine coaster here count as a coaster?

It has a lift hill, is not powered, coasts by gravity, ect.

So, what do you all think?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it on RCDB? Is it on CoasterCounter?

Two YES - It's a coaster
Two NO - It's not a coaster
One YES and one NO - Make your own mind up

That's how my system works. I'd have to think about how I'd categorise one of these, I can kinda see why it would be classed as a coaster, so in the maybe category I'd say it was I think. Until I ride one, I'm not going to worry about it.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Okay, it isn't on RCDB, is on CoasterCounter though, so I'll call it a coaster.

It really is, I just won't use the brake at all until the end. :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That would throw my entire coaster count off by quite a bit, but a lot of the alpine coasters I've ridden don't really have a lift hill. Many use ski lifts & have a separate track to pull just the cars/sleds up.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ That's the thing, I'll count this one, but I doubt I'll count any that don't have a lift of their own. The only difference between this and a "normal" coaster is that you can control the speed to some degree.

Ben

CF Legend
There's also the alpine coasters which are more bobsleds in concrete troughs, the ones on normal rails... What about the FAB electric one at Toverland?

I just don't bother tbh. Maybe if I went on one of those excessive ones with rails and a massive lift hill like they have in Germany I would, but that'd be an exception more than a rule.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I think I might start counting all the wiegand alpine coasters... then again, I'm a bit of a rebel like that....

ps - Steinwasens bobkart beats toverlands version...