What's new

Coaster counts

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I'm probably missing something bleeding obvious here, but coaster counts, are they unique coasters only? As in re-rides don't count? Or are re-rides included? I'm only unsure as I've seen people with counts of 800 - 900 + which is pretty insane if they're all different coasters! :shock:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yes, they are unique coasters. Some people really do travel that much and ride that many coasters.

However, exactly what people count as a new coaster credit varies from person to person. Some people count powered roller coasters (like Alton's mine train or Thorpe's Flying Fish), some don't. Some people count relocated roller coasters (such as the old Traumatizer from Southport which was moved to Blackpool and renamed Infusion) as separate credits, some people don't. Some people count the two identical sides of racing roller coasters (such as Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion or Gemini at Cedar Point) as two separate credits. Everybody has their own way of counting coasters, so bear in mind that you're not always comparing like for like.

A

Anonymous

Yeah re-rides are not counted by "professional" counters, so only individual coasters.

Some of the people I know are in the vicinity of 1550 credits :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah the coaster count is how many different coasters you've been on. I'm only on 125 which doesn't seem that many compared to some people.

Jools

Giga Poster
For example, I only travel around the UK, I have about 50, my sister travels the world for coasters and she has almost 500!! 10x my count!!

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Some people must do nothing but travel! :) I wish I had that kinda money and time! :(

I think my actual count is like 20; but I did only start counting this year.

Thanks for the answers! :)

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
I can't start my CF ride count until I reach 20 posts... :( Not many now though... I've been on a fair few rides myself...

EDIT: A fair few Coasters...

Ollie

CF Legend
^The count is for coasters not rides. So for example if you've been to Thorpe you can only count Saw, Stealth, Inferno, Colossus, No Way Out and Flying Fish as they're the coasters in the park. If everyone counted each ride then we'd all be on 800 by now probably. :p

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
I did mean coasters... I've been on every COASTER at thorpe a few times. Love Saw... OFF TOPIC: Any news on your recreation ollie? Of saw

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Let's try to keep this thread on topic.

I'm pretty sure the question has been answered now.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
To be honest, if it's something you don't take deadly serious - use www.coastercounter.com

It does as a decent enough way of counting coasters and includes everything in a pretty fair way - nobody will argue if you use it :)

It also will give you the chance to "back track" and see if there are any coasters you have ridden in your past.

Ollie - Quality over quantity ;)

A

Anonymous

Another site to keep track on your count is www.coaster-count.com
Which is my opinion is a easier to use site, they don't only have the usual park coasters but also a fair share of traveling ones and they also have a Mobile portal for you to update your count on the go...