What's new

CF Music Swap

mouse

Giga Poster
Lets narrow it down a bit, how about music from this decade - so 2010 onwards? If everyone's happy with that then get choosing! If you haven't already, let me know if you're wanting to take part so I know when all the entries are in :).

mouse

Giga Poster
Time to start posting the first few reviews!
_______
Thekingin64 on ATTACKHAMMER

Pixies - All I Think About Now
Decent, not amazing but enjoyable to listen to. 7/10

The Regrettes - Come Through
Not as good, catchy but not my style and would get annoying after a while. 4/10

The Hunna - You & Me
Promising start with good guitar intro but do not like his voice, especially in the chorus. Decent otherwise though. 6/10

Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
Ok, quite like the rock parts but the unneccesary electronic music parts ruin it. Should have been kept as just either a pure rock song or pure electronic, either would have been better. (5/10)

David Bowie - How Does The Grass Grow?
Decent but definitely not one of Bowie's better tracks. Still enjoyable to listen to though. (7/10)

_______

GuyWithAStick on Thekingin64

Greatest Show - Hugh Jackman/Greatest Showman Soundtrack (2017)
Yess, I loved the movie, and absolutely adored the soundtrack to come with it! The opening number here is so epic and catchy, I just can't not love it. Now I'm just waiting for them to put this on Broadway for a truly amazing experience. :p

On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz (2010)
Another wonderful pick. Gorillaz is a great band with some great songs. This is no exception. It's so mellow and soft, but still catchy. I also love the way they made the whole Plastic Beach album, making each song with the intent of 'over producing' them to create this fabricated/'plastic' sound. Another thumbs up from me.

Pumped up Kicks - Foster the People (2010)
Mystery person, you're on a roll! Great song with great meaning. The whole situation on gun violence is devastating, and this song is a great way to show people the problems in today's society surrounding the issue. And while I know it's completely coincidental, I'm reviewing this song on the anniversary of the Columbine Shooting, which makes it all the more powerful. Great song.

Sound of Silence - Disturbed (2015)
I've heard the original many times before, and thought it was pretty good. But wow, this cover was spectacular. So much power in his voice! I definitely was not expecting that, but thank you for it. Really loved it.

Adele - Skyfall (2010)
Haven't gotten into James Bond quite yet, but I can't deny how amazing the opening songs they use are. Adele has a fantastic voice, and is great for the song. It's not something I plan on keeping on repeat, but it's still a nice song. Great score too, if I must add. I do think Sam Smith has a slightly better one with Writing's On The Wall, but Skyfall is great too.

_______

caffeine_demon on Efan

Catchy, inoffensive little number (unless those welsh lyrics are filthy!), wouldn't go out of my way to hear it again, but wouldn't turn it off, may even have another listen after this reply!

Pretty good - a little bit "ok go", could be an artist worth looking at more!

bit of an odd one, seems to switch between noah and the whale - esque pop, and soft MOR rock, both styles I usually like, but the result feels a bit unpleasant

nope! somewhat grating - stopped after a minute or so!

good old classic rock - has more than a smack of "ace of spades to it" MORE! MORE! MORE!!!

_______

More to come!

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
No problem! You have an awesome taste in music. :)

Btw, I take back everything I said about Kendrick Lamar. Absolutely incredible artist. DAMN is a work of art.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

mouse

Giga Poster
^ Good to hear! So we know you like musicals from your previous entries and now you like rap - you must be a big fan of Hamilton!

Lets have a couple more reviews:
______

toofpikk on GuyWithAStick

Gorillaz - Saturnz Barz
One of my favourite tunes off their latest album. Videos sick, and this tune was one of the few I actually really enjoyed off of humanz. Think it shows that Gorillaz have moved with popular styles well; this is a really nice tune reminiscent of some of their bait older songs.

Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE
hard tune. Not my favourite lamar song, but definitely one of the biggest. I'm not a massive fan of rap but you can't deny how good lamar is, everything about this tune showcases his talent.

The hamilton mixtape: immigrants
Like I said, rap really isn't my thing. Pretty difficult to listen to the whole thing, just feels like a pretty generic tune, albeit with a big message. video was pretty sick tho

OK Go- I Won't Let You Down
another mad video. Tbh find this kind of music quite generic. Nice funky beat but besides that really not my thing.

Bowie - Lazarus
When he died this was the first tune of his I listened to just for the first line. Crazy that such a good artist was able to hold onto his talent for so long. such a tune.
______

ATTACKHAMMER on gavin

Azealia Banks - 212
1: Dreadful.

Laurie Anderson - Only an Expert
2: I'm glad that I didn't listen to whole thing, noise.

Nicola Roberts - Lucky Day
3: I've always fancied Nicola Roberts. The song isn't too bad, marry me please Nicola…

Robyn - Dancing on my Own
4: Pretty good. A good summer tune!

Madonna - Ghosttown
5: Reminds me of the haunted mansion. The song is fairly dreadful

______

Will post more as they come in!