What's new

Cinecitta World, Italy | Altair | Intamin 10 inversions

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Cinecitta World, Italy | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversions

Finally Intamin has figured out how to make a train with those hideous neck bangers which have no safety intent whatsoever.

+1

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Those trains! <3

203088d1374281264-2013-neuheit-cinecitta-world-neuer-freizeitpark-italien-img_0018.jpg

pqp9beQ.gif

andrus

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Those trains! <3

203088d1374281264-2013-neuheit-cinecitta-world-neuer-freizeitpark-italien-img_0018.jpg
Those are not the same restraints as used on Skyrush:
11071170-standard.jpg

Here's fingers that crossed that Intamin have done something about the thigh crossing issue as well apart from just a change in looks!! :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

They look like they're shaped similar to the old T-bars.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Let's just hope they get the restraint design right this time. If they get it wrong, the barrel rolls in particular are going to be horrific.

Mack seemed to have an amazingly secure and comfortable design on Blue Fire, so let's hope Intamin have taken some design cues from them.

andrus

Giga Poster

Antinos said:
They look like they're shaped similar to the old T-bars.
Indeed. And that's a good thing imo. I like the old T-bars!

Intricks

Strata Poster

Those padding shape reminds me of lex luthors.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

andrus said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:
Those trains! <3

Those are not the same restraints as used on Skyrush:
11071170-standard.jpg

Here's fingers that crossed that Intamin have done something about the thigh crossing issue as well apart from just a change in looks!! :)

Apart from colour, they look exactly the same to me...

EthC

Mega Poster

An intamin multi looper with a lapbar seems genuinely exciting to me, would get rid of the head bashing you sometimes get on colossus :p

andrus

Giga Poster

rollermonkey said:
The grab bar section of Skyrush is a bit longer and straight while it is shorter and angled upwards on the Cinecitta coaster. But, what's more exciting is that the restraint bar seems to have cut outs to fit better around your legs, much like the T-bars. The Skyrush restraints are completely round, more similar to the Intamin otsr used on eg iSpeed. Don't know whether it'll be a huge difference irl, but there's definitely a difference!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

This topic makes me happy. Not that I ever need an excuse to go back to Italy

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

andrus said:
rollermonkey said:
The grab bar section of Skyrush is a bit longer and straight while it is shorter and angled upwards on the Cinecitta coaster. But, what's more exciting is that the restraint bar seems to have cut outs to fit better around your legs, much like the T-bars. The Skyrush restraints are completely round, more similar to the Intamin otsr used on eg iSpeed. Don't know whether it'll be a huge difference irl, but there's definitely a difference!

You must be looking at additional pictures, because I can't see any of that in this pair of pictures.

The only difference I see is that without a body in the way, the angle of the Cinecitta coaster's restraints appears different.

Now, the depth of that lap pad does seem to be smaller on the new ride because it does not continue below the bar, but the angle is the same. I certainly cannot see if there are leg cutouts from that angle, though.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I'm just so pissed how those look like the most spacious trains ever yet Colossus is incredibly restrictive. I still got a mark on my knees when I bashed it on the carriage in front when i was trying to get out (including hitting my head on the restraint as I got up).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

For a closer look of the restraint, see this Picture of Locajoys 10 Looper train.

207035d1375222000-2013-neuheit-10-inversion-coaster-locajoy-holiday-china-8d50342ac65c1038ca1c9835b3119313b17e89e3.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

They look a bit more comfortable than the Skyrush ones...