• Drayton Manor

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I am doing a lot of theme parks this year* and my parents are allowing me a day out to either Chessington or Drayton Manor.
I want to know which one is better and more worth while going to.

Thanks
Hixee

(* Alton Towers, Port Aventura, Oakwood)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Chessington (IMO) is much better, the only thing that Drayton has over Chessie is Apocalypse and Maelstrom.

I dont know why, but I think Chessington is a lovely place, with a good atmosphere.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I have not been to either but I say Chessington is the better park with a better atmosphere and Dragons Fury looks great.

I would prefer to go to Drayton though even though I have heard it has no atmosphere and the ride-op's are terrible, it has a better ride selection.

I say Apocalypse is great. Maelstorm looks good and the 2 main coasters look alright even though alot of people say G-force is painful.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Drayton Manor by far! Maelstrom is one of the best flats in Britain, It's just totally awesome. Apocalypse is one of the only rides I still feel scared to ride, Even for the sit-down. Pandemonium is one of my favourite flats, But I think Rameses Revenge is probably better. Shockwave has that amazing zero-g roll, And a great first drop. G-Force isn't the best in the UK, But it's got a great little compact layout with great hangtime, And the UK's best queueline. Stormforce 10 is one of the UK's best water rides, And Chessington's log flume looks no way as good as SF 10.

I think Chessington isn't as good as Drayton if you want thrill rides (Apart from Dragon's Fury, Which looks fantastic)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Drayton is a crap hole. Chessie is the obvious winner. I'd be worried about he mentality of anyoen who prefered Drayton, which is the worst of the major British theme parks.

A

Anonymous

Chessington. You have rides such as Fury, Vampire, and Rameses. Drayton may have big rides, but it's really unclean, crappy atmosphere, and poorly themed rides [except StormForce].

Lain

Giga Poster
If you're really into drop towers, and can't cope without one at a park, then go to Drayton.

If you're not too bothered about drop towers, then go to Chessington, as it's far superior in every other way.

Jake

Strata Poster
Neither are great, but I'd rather visit Drayton.

The only rides I like at Chessington are Rameses, Billy's Whizzer and DF. DF always has huge queues, so I only usually have time to ride it once a visit, and the other two aren't worth the visit alone. It's a nice park, but I just find it dull for some reason - If a park wants to be a family park, they need to have good dark rides and good water rides. Where are the rapids?

I find Drayton more re-visitable. Apocalypse and Shockwave don't ever seem to bore me, and the other rides are a laugh. It has rapids too <3.

Chessington is so over rated it's unbeliveable.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Since I was at Chessington again yesterday I can safely say I like Drayton Manor more.

Chessington is better themed etc. but there's no rides there (other than Billy's Whizzer) that I love. Dragon's Fury is alright, but a bit crappy. I used to love Rattlesnake, but after yesterday it's gone downhill. Then there's Vampire which is a pretty cool ride, but it doesn't thrill me. There isn't enough rides that I like and they're all just either alright or crap.

Drayton Manor on the other hand actually has thrill rides. There's Apocalypse which is amazing and other rides that I love such as Pandemonium & Shockwave. There's more there that's aimed at my age group and it's generally just the better park of the two for me.

Ben

CF Legend
Chessington is nicer and is cleaner, better run etc.

But, I'd much rather spend a day at Drayton then a day bored at Chessington.

David

Mega Poster
Tough one really. I prefer the atmosphere at Chessington, but Drayton has better rides.

Although ride quality is important I feel a park with not so good rides but a nice atmosphere is better that a park with good rides but a rubbish atmposphere.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Chessie got atmosphere, Drayton got thrills. The only ride that comes even close to the excitement of Apocalype is Rameses, although vampire is good fun.
I think tarka trax just siad the same thing...
But I'm gonna go with DM, purely because I love airtime (maelstrom) and freefall (guess...) although I really wish every park could have a topspin as intense as rameses.

But yeah, I love drop towers. Especially ones that tilt.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Although Chessington is better themed and a nicer place to be at, I'd go for Drayton Manor mainly because of the rides. I cant stop liking Apocalypse & Maelstrom and for some odd reason I quite like Shockwave, where as I only like Dragons Fury and Bubbleworks at Chessie.

A

Anonymous

I would deffently have to say chessington, it has alot better themeing and better rides and atmosphere.

I don't really like Drayton Manor for some reason, i think it's just the way it's layed out.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Chessington looks better than drayton. Fury looks like it could beat G Force and shockwave. The bit where shockwave is looks a bit like amity cove!!

Patrick

Hyper Poster
A-Kid said:
Chessington looks better than drayton. Fury looks like it could beat G Force and shockwave. The bit where shockwave is looks a bit like amity cove!!

I think Shockwave's site looks a bit like Stealth's site too! I think Fury could beat G-Force, But Shockwave has that bloody awesome zero-g roll and it's just insane in the back row. So I'd much rather ride Shockwave.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I've only been to Chessington, but that was back in 2003, before Rodeo and Samurai were removed, and before Dragon's Fury opened, so I'm not sure.

I'd probably rather visit Drayton simply because I haven't been there, and Maelstrom and Apocalypse look pretty good.

Rach

Giga Poster
Having not been to Chessington yet. This is kind of picture based.

I think that Drayton looks and could be a lot better than Chessington. Drayton has a excellent drop tower, a lot of the UKs firsts. Drayton gets the unique rides.

Chessington from pictures looks a lot more for the younger age group and is. Only ride that inverts is Rameses. Fury looks like it could beat G-force, and probably isn't as painful as G-force. Chessington in my opinion from pictures looks to be quite nicely themed.

I would much rather spend a day at Drayton, mainly because there are more rides targeted at adrenaline junkies and enthusiasts.
Would like to get to Chessington this year for credits.