What's new

Chessington to Improve Bubble Works

marc

CF Legend
Some good news with regards to the Bubble Works :)

They are fixing what is broken and improving the up keep of it.

Pluss no more Imperial Leather :)

I cannot post the text as the website asks us not to.

Nic

Strata Poster
This is good news. Although, not as good as if they were to bring Prof Burp back :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What's bust then? Perhaps I wasn't being very observant in October. Glad to see the end of the sponsorship though. I was under the impression that sponsorship paid to maintain a ride in conjunction with plastering their product name all over the place.

spicy

Giga Poster
Are the ducks going?

Also I hope they bring back the old soundtrack and get rid of the annoying quacks with the terrible loop.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm pretty lucky (or rather unlucky) I didn't get chance to ride it when it was Prof Burps. So I've only seen it in the way it is now. I loved it, I really have no clue why, it was just a fun ride. Also the end room is just fab. I have to say, I agree totally with Ian on this, I HATE when rides are plastered with the name of the sponsor, it just looks ridiculous. That's why I HATE the Six Flags coaster sponsorships, it's pathetic.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I've only ever been on this once and it was Imperial leathered up. It was better than I expected but then I wasn't expecting much.

On a related note, does anyone know what's happening with the flume at AT this year?

jokerman

Giga Poster
Hoorah! Bubbleworks is one of Chessie's signature rides, and doesn't deserve to be covered in horrendous sponsorship. I doubt they'll do anything much in terms of a retheme though. I they would make it a bit "darker", to fit in with the theme of the land though.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I swear I told everyone this last year? lol

Well it was supposed to get a Sponsor from Schweppes, but may not due to the whole artificial sugary goods act in a kids place... But an update was a definite for this year.

Ian said:
I was under the impression that sponsorship paid to maintain a ride in conjunction with plastering their product name all over the place.

Nope. Chessington was payed a crappy 30K for the sponsorship and most of it went on restructuring the building. If you ever got a chance to look at some of the Ducks, they have barcodes on the bottom, meaning that they have come from a general-stores.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Enicomb said:
On a related note, does anyone know what's happening with the flume at AT this year?

Can't recall whether it had any imperial leather stuff around it but on Wednesday it was still very flumey.

But I did comment on how fresh it looked, it did look like it had been painted. However, we very rarely bother riding it, but I doubt it would've looked that nice if it hadn't been painted through the off season.

I hope Bubbleworks doesn't suck even more now. I know Imperial Leather made it pretty bad, but that was almost an excuse. Now it's just all going to be bathtubs and ducks for no reason, just a (5?) year spondership deal to ruin a ride for eternity.

I don't think the rides that bad, but it was much better pre-sponsership days.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Good. It's been BROKEN since they redid it. The soundtrack doesn't loop right, most of the stuff doesn't MOVE... Good news.

peep

CF Legend
I've disliked the ride ever since they got rid of the professor but if they ever got him back it just wouldn't be right (especially with the grave stone a couple of paths away :p).

That silly site that is linked seems to show that the ducks are staying but all mention of the company is being removed. Apparently (though I take this with a pinch of sand) the sound in the station is going back to the original soundtrack which seems odd but I'd be happy if this be true.

spicy

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Nope. Chessington was payed a crappy 30K for the sponsorship and most of it went on restructuring the building

30k? Where did you get that figure from? I find it hard to believe a company that spends £12 Million + on coasters & attractions to accept such a measly sum for a 5 year sponsorship deal on such a major ride for CWoA.

If they did, who ever was responsible for the deal needs reliving of their duties. Especially seeing as it completely ruined the ride.

I would love it if the re-do for bubbleworks was a return to it's roots with prof Burb back, but unfortunately I think all were going to get is a cheap re-do because Imperial leather have gone. :(

Nic

Strata Poster
Not worth its own topic, but they're doing stuff to celebrate Vampire's 21st Birthday... http://yochessington.co.uk/archives/1492

They're opening (what sounds like) the Black Forest Haunt for 21 days, and calling it the Twilight Zone. Park is being kept open till 6pm instead of 5pm throughout most of this time too.

Oh, and that horse themeing for the queue line... Rodeo, anyone?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Nope. Chessington was payed a crappy 30K for the sponsorship and most of it went on restructuring the building

30k? Where did you get that figure from?

Martin, the head engineer who took you all on the Vampire tour during Ghoster Force.. Thats where I got it from.

spicy

Giga Poster
I missed out on Ghosterforce last year unfortunately. But still 30k is such a small sum for such a major sponsorship. Erol you must have been surprised yourself at the figure?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^This is from the Tussauds that gave us Rita, Spinball, Fury and many other poorly themed attractions...

And considering they barely invested in Chessie, 30k sounds right...

And that website... Urgh... It's been around for a while and just plain old sucks...

Yeah Nic the horse is straight out of Rodeo, but looks bloody good... Might have to try and find out some more information about this Twilight Zone thingy though...

EDIT - Oh yeah Bubbles...

Erm... Polishing a turd comes to mind... It should NOT go back to trying to be Prof Burp's because it will never be exactly the same... You cannot recreate old things to be exactly as they were, same goes for old theme park attractions...

What it needs, is a complete gutting of theming, and started again... Simple...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Erol you must have been surprised yourself at the figure?

Not really. When you work there, you learn to understand the cheapness of the whole setup. The whole of Bubble Works is made of wood. The only metal in there is the tin can its in. And even thats part of the Vampire station so thats solid. Everything else is cheap MDF so 30K is all thats needed.

Benin - That man figure on the horse is new though, right?

Treeis

Mega Poster
Its nice to think that, if that is the rodeo horse-man, that they are still using it and not chucking it away

Dave

CF Legend
cfiles36586.jpg

Take your pick ;)

Load of 747's, MD-11/DC-10's and 737's everywhere and one 777 I think...