What's new

Chessington Greedy Goblin

marc

CF Legend
Has the Greedy Goblin gone? I read this and found it strange. Does that mean the bar has gone etc.

Chicken Shack – new for 2011 in place of the Greedy Goblin, serving Piri Piri Chicken

I know a good number of people really liked the food in there, this could mean there is no where in the park now for people to get a pint.

It was on this link.

http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/events/ch ... l_pass.asp

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I am lead to believe it has indeed been renamed...

That's all I know though, if it's open on Sunday will definitely have a gander inside...

Tbh, it had a lot more character as the Greedy Goblin... Chicken Shack is so... Bland... Plus with the Chicken Co. place is just pointless...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Noooooooooooooo!

For the love of God why...

I hate people who run these places I'm meant to love sometimes =[

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Might as well call it 'we want to be Nando's'...
This. They're just jumping on the bandwagon of a restaurant that's very popular at the moment. To be honest, I can't really blame them. It's no different to them having the pizza buffet the same as Pizza Hut, the other chicken place the same as KFC, and, well, you get the idea. I suspect this place'll still have a bar in it though? Is there anywhere else in the park that servers alcohol at the moment?

It is a shame to see the pub go though. I always thought that was fairly popular too? Ah well, I guess if you want to go to a pub, there's the Beefeater next door, or the other one just up the road?

peep

CF Legend
I hope they don't change much due to it feeling so British and friendly. It had a nice atmosphere, good food and served alcohol, it didn't need anything changing (apart from maybe an expansion in the seating and kitchen areas). It was always very popular with families, I just don't understand the clarification in fixing something which isn't broken when a gigantic list of things that are broken around the park aren't touched.

Anyway, enough of me ranting. I'll be with Benin on Sunday and we'll let ya know if changes have already been made etc.

yinyang

Mega Poster
^ Good news. Although last year I found myself absolutely in love with the 'Noodle Noodle' noodle bars at Chessington and Thorpe Park. I think the prices aren't too greedy and the portions are good. Even better if you have an annual pass :)