What's new

Chengdu Wanda City | All Speeds | Taron Clone | 2021

Trax

Hyper Poster
@owentaylor121 I'd consider those as family-thrill rides. Too much for everyone to ride, but still an intensity which allows the vast majority to ride it. Rides like the Blue Fire Clones or Formula at Energylandia - or the Taron Clone.
But as I mentioned, depending on the intensity the target market is used to, you shouldn't go for something too intense, as you will shrink your possible audience. If the ride happens to be too tame for the people, it is still no problem to turn it up a notch, as we all know that the ride is capable of more.

Plus at the end of the day any ride can be for families depending on how old your children are.?
Technically you are correct - the best kind of correct!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@owentaylor121But as I mentioned, depending on the intensity the target market is used to, you shouldn't go for something too intense, as you will shrink your possible audience. If the ride happens to be too tame for the people, it is still no problem to turn it up a notch, as we all know that the ride is capable of more.
I don't really buy this, to be honest. China have plenty of intense rides, some of the most intense on the planet in fact. Dinoconda, the S&S Launchers, looping woodies, Soaring with Dragon, Dive Machines, Mega-lites,, etc, etc.

Don't deny that having some flexibility in your ride hardware (in terms of being able to speed it up/slow it down later) is a good idea, though.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I mean, when you look at it strictly from a concept perspective, Taron is somewhat family friendly. It has one thing going for it: It never goes upside down. For beginners there's quite a bit of psychology in inversions. A big coaster without an inversion may be seen as less scary than a small coaster with one. The fact that it has no huge lifthills with drops helps as well. You're never slowly hauled high up then dropped down, it's just a bunch of speed close-ish to the ground at all times. As a kid I'd be much more scared to ride, say, a Eurofighter than Taron.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It appears to me they just used the Taron engineering and havent adjusted the supports for the differences in terrain height. hense why the footers are massive at certain points. Its not going to change the ride expereince but it does look odd. China has previous with this as well as the Intamin 10 looper in Chongqing does the same thing. The Gravity Group Time Traveller at Hotgo does similar although thats because they moved the whole ride to one side just before the installed it

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Poor Taron clone is never gunna live up to the original with the tacky theming that the Chinese parks do :(
Have you ever been to a Chinese park? Majority of the ones I've visited have phenomenal theming. I have faith that this will turn out well, too. It's unlikely that it reaches the immersiveness of Taron, but that's also referencing perhaps the greatest theming on any roller coaster which isn't particularly fair, even if this is a clone.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some nice video shots of the ride under construction have shown up

And no the ride isn't as well themed as Taron but as mentioned. Of course it isn't. But it does look pretty well themed so far with work still ongoing.

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought Wanda parks were pay-one-price like most Western theme parks?

This looks amazing, however! The theming looks really quite breathtaking, and I’m sure the ride will deliver!
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read online that a lot of their parks are operating as pay per ride now due to COVID.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read online that a lot of their parks are operating as pay per ride now due to COVID.
Sunac started switching parks to free entry with pay per ride a while ago. I believe the majority if not all of the big ones have switched over. I also believe they still do a ride pass though so you dont have to pay per ride if you don't want to.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The front of the train looks a bit like one of those Mechanical Bull things you see at some fairs. Given Taron replicates that experience rather well, Mechanical Bull would be a solid name...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The front of the train looks a bit like one of those Mechanical Bull things you see at some fairs. Given Taron replicates that experience rather well, Mechanical Bull would be a solid name...
To rehash an old joke -

Given the usual ride names we see in China, "Raging Mechanical Bull Running Through Valley" feels like it might work...