What's new

Chengdu Wanda City | All Speeds | Taron Clone | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like it's about time to move this to Roller Coaster Construction, then. Thanks for already having the thread title sorted out!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can't make my mind up on this Taron clone. Half of me thinks that adding another iteration of such a fantastic coaster to the world is only a good thing. But I can't help but feel weird about it. I'm kinda hoping the theming sucks and it's nothing on Klugheim, just because Klugheim is so special.

Ben

CF Legend
^It’s Wanda, the themeing will not suck sorry.

It probably won’t be Klugheim but suck it won’t.

Matt N

CF Legend
^It’s Wanda, the themeing will not suck sorry.

It probably won’t be Klugheim but suck it won’t.
Aren't Wanda the company presently building a huge mountain around a B&M wing coaster? If so, my expectations are high; some of their park's genuinely look stunning!

On another note, Taron seems like one of those coasters that would be so complicated to clone (what with all its terrain and everything) that I reckon it would almost be cheaper to build your own custom multi-launch coaster, even without the theming!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Aren't Wanda the company presently building a huge mountain around a B&M wing coaster? If so, my expectations are high; some of their park's genuinely look stunning!

On another note, Taron seems like one of those coasters that would be so complicated to clone (what with all its terrain and everything) that I reckon it would almost be cheaper to build your own custom multi-launch coaster, even without the theming!
Tbh as far as I can tell, Taron is pretty much on completely flat land. I think the only major groundwork they did for it was the trench for the second launch (not counting Raik's trench). I don't recall the tunnel after the first airtime hill being totally underground either, I think it just looks that way because the pathways in Klugheim are on so many different levels above ground.

Matt N

CF Legend
Tbh as far as I can tell, Taron is pretty much on completely flat land. I think the only major groundwork they did for it was the trench for the second launch (not counting Raik's trench). I don't recall the tunnel after the first airtime hill actually being underground either, I think it just looks that way because the pathways in Klugheim are on so many different levels above ground.
I thought someone said earlier in the topic that Taron was built on 11 different levels of terrain or something like that?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I thought someone said earlier in the topic that Taron was built on 11 different levels of terrain or something like that?
Raik.jpg

Photo by Theme Park Guide: http://www.themeparkguide.org/tag/phantasialand/page/2/
As you can see, pretty flat except for the man-made trench and tunnel. With the "11 different levels" bit, I imagine they're referring to the pathways.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Outside of the concept art on the first page of this discussion - do we have a sense of how theme-heavy this ride will be? That seems to be Taron's real magic, and curious how much of that they'll look to emulate.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The theming on this looks massive. The grey skeleton around the outside is super tall compared to vehicles in the picture. Plus, is that lots more beige theming / building frame work all over the central areas?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The theming on this looks massive. The grey skeleton around the outside is super tall compared to vehicles in the picture. Plus, is that lots more beige theming / building frame work all over the central areas?
I think the beige you refer to is just concrete. I suspect it's yet to receive any of it's finishes.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think the beige you refer to is just concrete. I suspect it's yet to receive any of it's finishes.
Looks like that colour, but there’s definitely framework structure in beige, a lot of them, suggesting tunnel, buildings, theming elements etc.