What's new

Chengdu Wanda City | All Speeds | Taron Clone | 2021

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The ride did indeed open on the 31st.

Now it isn't as well themed as the original (And what is really?) but in the context of China this is a brilliant ride to add to their rapidly expanding good coaster count.

The rides only major downfall i suppose is it will always be compared to Taron (understandably) but I feel thats being harsh on what is still probably one of the best rides in the country. If Taron had never happened and this ride got built i imagine a fair few more of us would be adding Chengdu to our travel bucket lists.

And hey if the themeing isn't up to the original standards, stick a crap load of LED lights on it.

NotTaron4.jpegNotTaron3.jpegNotTaron2.jpeg271200091_2732850943686953_2022619063404700673_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If the people at Phantasialand aren't looking at that lighting package and thinking "Hmm... Wintertraum 2022...?" then they need their heads looking at.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I still can't really wrap my head around the concept of a "Taron clone". The type of coasters that used to be cloned are small, compact layouts that can fit on any reasonably flat, reasonably big lot in most parks out there. The Batman clones were about as big as clones came, and Blue Fire was another step up. Then suddenly, they are cloning this huge, custom coaster that set world records when it was designed. If Taron can be cloned, almost any coaster built on flat land could.

Trax

Hyper Poster
There is 10-Inverter around, which was build on the side of a hill. The result is, that half of the layout is elevated with large concrete pillars, which makes for a very unique look.

Taron itself is not as custom as most people tend to think. Don't get me wrong, the layout was designed to fit into the plot of land and to cater to Phantasialands demands. But, the plot of land itself is not that difficult to replicate, as most of the layout has supports on the same height. The only bigger modifications are the tunnel and the trench for the rides second launch.
From what I know, a park can pay the manufacturer to make that layout exclusive, but obviously, the Phantasialand did not go for it.

I don't expect this layout to be cloned a dozen of times, but it is not the only large scale layout that has been cloned. Just look at most of the new-gen Vekomas, those are being cloned all over china.

UP87

Mega Poster
From what I know, a park can pay the manufacturer to make that layout exclusive, but obviously, the Phantasialand did not go for it.
Pretty sure they did. But there are different levels of exclusivity. They obviously didn't go for the lifetime world-wide exclusive rights - or at least they're getting some money out of this clone, as well!