What's new

Cheetah at Wild Adventures retired

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So Cheetah, the CCI woodie at Wild Adventures in Georgia, has been retired. The coaster was closed all of last year and has been removed from the park's website rides page, but is still on the park map. Nothing about the coaster has been posted on the park's social media platforms, but the park has responded to inquiries with this statement: "Unfortunately, the Cheetah roller coaster has been retired to make room for new and exciting changes in the coming years." Let the speculation begin...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
There is the genuine possibility of RMC here... Since the park is owned by Herschend, they obviously have ties with RMC. Is it possible that due to the issues with Lightning Rod, they could have been offered some kind of discount towards a new coaster, namely converting Cheetah into an RMC? If the LRod conversion is a success, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

On the other hand Herschend have neglected the place to f*ck, so it could be nothing.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Found this to be surprisingly good back in 2016, so yeah I’m kinda sad that it‘s closing. Being their star attraction this does not seem like a good development for the park, unless they have something significant lined up to replace it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I really liked the layout of this ride when I Rode it a while back. But it tracked like someone had thrown a bunch of spanners in a lawn mower.

Really needed some TLC and I assume WA just couldn't afford to keep the ride in good condition.

Kind of sad to see it go because if they'd kept it running well it could have been an excellent little woodie but in the condition it was in it was frankly awful and needed some serious work.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing about the coaster has been posted on the park's social media platforms, but the park has responded to inquiries with this statement: "Unfortunately, the Cheetah roller coaster has been retired to make room for new and exciting changes in the coming years." Let the speculation begin...
Is that italicization from the original source?

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Bummer about losing another CCI, that's the third one in as many years according to RCDB, and all from modestly-scaled US amusement parks.

Cannonball Run @ Waterville USA - 2018
Silver Comet @ Fantasy Island - 2019
Cheetah @ Wild Adventures - 2020

That makes a total of 8 CCI's that have closed out of a total of 34 built (nearly 25%), though two of those, Medusa @ SFM and Twisted Twins @ KK, were reworked into very highly regarded RMCs, so probably not seen as net losses in the eyes of most enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I went to Wild Adventures back in 2006, but Cheetah was having maintenance done so didn't get to ride. Can't say I was that bothered then, and I'm not bothered now that it's going.

And from everyone I know who's been on it, it was pretty terrible. Which is pretty much par for the course for all the CCIs that had those awful Gerstlauer trains.

No flowers.