What's new

Chance Rides track spotted heading to East Coast of USA: Where could it be going?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
AI seems to think it is going to Kentucky Kingdom for a Chance hyper coaster. I see why they think that, but I'm not sure it is likely.

Matt N

CF Legend
AI seems to think it is going to Kentucky Kingdom for a Chance hyper coaster. I see why they think that, but I'm not sure it is likely.
They already have a Chance Hyper G-TX, though, which is similar enough... or are they doing a Hersheypark?

Ethan

Strata Poster

Why are you not getting it?
Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but we all care much more about your opinion than a different 12 year old's opinion on the internet. As for this track though, unless it's a launched Chance coaster or something mad like that, I don't see it going to KK. (Don't think they do launches anyway, but it would fill a gap in KK's lineup)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but we all care much more about your opinion than a different 12 year old's opinion on the internet. As for this track though, unless it's a launched Chance coaster or something mad like that, I don't see it going to KK. (Don't think they do launches anyway, but it would fill a gap in KK's lineup)
I'm 16...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Fantastic, so in that case you're more than old enough to take on board what literally everybody on here is telling you and provide us with your opinion, rather than that of an irrelevant Youtuber?

Matt N

CF Legend
Ed Hart has previously said that he doesn't like launches, so I personally find a launched Chance unlikely.

Snoo

The Legend
Ed Hart has previously said that he doesn't like launches, so I personally find a launched Chance unlikely.

Given what's occurred with launches, especially down the road at Dollywood, I can see why. Of course, they haven't invested in B&M as of yet so I guess we shall see if they want a wingrider down the road. I just don't see them getting a MASSIVE investment tho. They're a small park just getting their feet under them.

J Rod

Roller Poster
Aren't there height restrictions for Kentucky Kingdom because of the airport? Pretty sure a hyper was already out of the question for them.

Snoo

The Legend
Aren't there height restrictions for Kentucky Kingdom because of the airport? Pretty sure a hyper was already out of the question for them.

Not sure how high but I think it's at least 200ft though. The tallest coaster they had before was Chang (https://rcdb.com/275.htm) at 154ft but they do have a taller ferris wheel as well as the former drop tower which had to be at least 200ft.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Not to beat that horse over again, but I had a writing session with our department's linguist earlier today, and the thought just occurred to me that this post could be improved simply by changing the sentence structure. Allow me to try to emulate the language nerdiness of that session:

You see, the sentences are structured in such a way that the external source gets the focus. You're giving them all the agency, and act as a passive observer, which is what appears to upset people:
"AI seems to think it is going to (...). I see why they think that, but I'm not sure it is likely."
This puts all the initiative of the sentences into AI's hands, so to speak. They said something, you react to it, in that order. Your reaction is secondary to their message. The second sentence is again you nodding in agreement, only with a little caveat. Not as fun to read. But if we switch it around a little:
I saw that AI seems to think it is going to Kentucky Kingdom for a Chance hyper coaster. I'm not sure it is likely, but I [can] see why they think that.
Suddenly, that first sentence becomes all about your observation. You heard something exciting, and decided to pass it on. The second sentence puts your analysis at the forefront, while giving a nod to their reaction at the end. Your thoughts first, then theirs.

Maybe you could even be even bolder, and make it even less about AI:
I saw a theory that it is going to Kentucky Kingdom for a Chance hyper coaster, over at AI's channel. I'm not sure it is likely, but I [can] see why they think that.
You saw something interesting -> Here's the interesting content -> Here's who said it. AI is credited, but put in a secondary position behind the meat of the message.

The words of a post are definitely important, but the order in which they are presented surely are too. Even without changing the message, you can do a lot to steer the impressions of the reader just by making the sentences a little more active.

Snoo

The Legend
Not to beat that horse over again, but I had a writing session with our department's linguist earlier today, and the thought just occurred to me that this post could be improved simply by changing the sentence structure. Allow me to try to emulate the language nerdiness of that session:

You see, the sentences are structured in such a way that the external source gets the focus. You're giving them all the agency, and act as a passive observer, which is what appears to upset people:

This puts all the initiative of the sentences into AI's hands, so to speak. They said something, you react to it, in that order. Your reaction is secondary to their message. The second sentence is again you nodding in agreement, only with a little caveat. Not as fun to read. But if we switch it around a little:

Suddenly, that first sentence becomes all about your observation. You heard something exciting, and decided to pass it on. The second sentence puts your analysis at the forefront, while giving a nod to their reaction at the end. Your thoughts first, then theirs.

Maybe you could even be even bolder, and make it even less about AI:

You saw something interesting -> Here's the interesting content -> Here's who said it. AI is credited, but put in a secondary position behind the meat of the message.

The words of a post are definitely important, but the order in which they are presented surely are too. Even without changing the message, you can do a lot to steer the impressions of the reader just by making the sentences a little more active.

200.gif

Skip6788

Roller Poster
Did this ever end up anywhere or did it vanish?
It did occur to me while reading all of the above that not all rides shipped out from US plants and heading overseas appear to ship in containers. (for whatever reason. Maybe they are going on a bulk carrier rather than container ship.)
Premier-Rides-Begins-Shipping-Hybrid-Dark-Ride.Reverse-Magentic-Launch-Coaster-to-Qatar-1024x768.jpg

At least when Premier do it it seems.
when you look carefully the flags that are attached to the track are American and Qatarees (Qatar) . Sooo I think there is a good chance that it is on the boat to Qatar!