What's new

CF VIDEO SERIES NAME: Choose Your Favourite!

The Name: You Choose

• CF's Essential Guide To...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Day In The Park...

• Sit Back & Scream!

• Sit Back and Hold Tight!

• 3,2,1, GO!

• A Bluffers Guide to Theme Parks

• Coaster Noob-Tube

• CoasterForce: The Knowledge

• The CF Way to Enjoy Your Day at...

• Theme Park Boot Camp

• CoasterForce Masterclass

• Vertigo Vids

• The Amateurs Guide To...

• The "I Want to Look Like I Know What I'm Doing" Series

• The Line Jumpers Guide To...

• Making the Most of ..., The CF way!

• Behind The Screams

• How CF Enjoys...

• Guide To Ride

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yes guys, as promised here is the poll where you can choose the name of our new Video Series that will beginning filming in 2011 :)

If you don't already know what is going on, here is the background info for you again...

As part of the growing CF Documentaries series we are currently looking to expand even further what we have on offer. These new videos will be a spin-off series and will be video guides aimed at all those people out there that may be new to a theme park; a 'Theme Park Visits for Dummies' if you will. Overall it will give people a feel for the park before they decide to visit or take a family.

Now, since most enthusiasts pride themselves on knowing all there is to know about parks, who better to help us compile the information that is presented. Your input and expertise is needed so that we can make sure that all the info we get covers all the different areas we want to cover.

The videos themselves will be no more than 5-10 minutes long and will literally give an overview of the park for first time visitors and will give hints and tips on how to get the most out of a visit. If any of you have seen the Disney Holiday Planning videos you will get the jist of the stuff we are including such as:

*How to beat the queues... ie where to head to and avoid at the start of the day.
*The best time of year to visit.
*The best/cheapest places to eat
*What are must see or do attractions or shows.
*Ride Ratings (that are realistic and not too disimilar from what we see on the park maps) ie GForce: Intense for thrill seekers, Pandemonium: For those with strong stomachs etc.
*Car Parking. Is there a fee?

Of course, whilst we want your help compiling our information, we wont be including personal feelings about rides. We will not be passing judgement on the rides themselves so comments like 'Shockwave is rubbish, avoid it' will not be making the cut, if that makes sense.

Since the brand of '...for Dummies' has already been done the first thing that we want to do is give this series its own unique name and have decided that we shall leave it open to the members of CF to suggest and choose the name.

Well, all the names are in and a shortlist has been drawn up. Now we move on to selecting the name... VOTE NOW!

The poll will remain open until December 30th

The shortlisted titles are:
CF's Essential Guide to....
A day in the park:...
Sit back and Scream
Sit back and hold tight
3,2,1 GO!
A bluffers guide to Theme Parks
Coaster Noobtube
Coasterforce Cheatmode
Coasterforce: the Knowledge
The CF way to enjoy your day at...........
Theme Park Boot Camp
Coaster Masterclass
Vertigo Vids
The Amateur's Guide to
The "I Want to Look Like I Know What I'm Doing" Series
The Line Jumper's Guide to
Making the most of ______, the CF way!
Behind the Screams
How CFers enjoy…
Guide to ride

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
It was a toughie choosing which one works best, but I voted for Guide To Ride. It's short, snappy and easy to remember - something that works well with families (the primary target audience, am I correct?), as it's fun and will stick in their heads, mainly due to the use of rhyme (something I learnt during the dull topic of consumerism in Media Studies...).

I'm interested to see what the final vote will be, and I can't wait to see these videos. Roll on 2011!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I like Guide to Ride as well, that gets my vote too.

I like Coaster Noob-Tube, but, that's what you call these really annoying bell-ends in Call of Duty, so, I'm not sure that works for us cool kids... slash MASSIVE geeks.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Yeah, I'll jump on the G2R bandwaggon. Sharp and to the point. It will discribe the series in a nutshell without being a mouthful, boring or what someone maybe offended by.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I voted Guide to Ride as well. It just seems to work better than some of the others, probably because it's so short... I did like the "CF way to enjoy your day at..." one, though.

Tom

Hyper Poster
Yay for Guide to Ride winning!!! It's my baby.....Um, I had to vote for it as well...

Tom

Hyper Poster
Presumably it will be Mark and Leigh who do them, as they do all the other documentaries.

Mark

Strata Poster
And the winner is 'Guide To Ride'

Thank you everyone for voting and making suggestions.

As we enter the new year we will move on to discussion about the video content so keep your eyes peeled for the topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.