Administrator
Social Media Team
Thinking along the lines of...
Alton Towers
Blackpool
Liseberg
Denmark (for GhosterForce)
Toverland

Throw date suggestions at me! The list above is not conclusive so I’m happy to hear suggestions. I’m still umming and ahhing over Poland. There has been a mixed response from several people I’ve spoken to, so I need a persuasive argument to tip me other the edge either way. Somebody even suggested pencilling it in it late in the year allowing time for it (Hyperion) to open.

Let’s try to hammer in dates by mid-January.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I think we did Sweden late August a few years ago and the park was open till around 11pm so it was nightrides galore, weather was also beautiful.

I'd ideally (Hyperion permitting) like to get Poland in 2018 what with the newly announced RMC opening in 2020 near enough completely ruling out a 2019 visit!

Not convinced by Denmark as of yet, but plenty of time to decide on that one. I think Blackpool and Towers speak for themselves and Tover can be tagged up with a fair few parks so another easy one.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Be good if the Blackpool and Alton ones were fairly soon after the new rides open, whenever that's gonna be.
USA trip is gonna use up the bulk of my goon allowance for next year so unlikely to hit Liseberg, Toverland or Denmark, but would definitely be interested in a late season Poland bash.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye, night time rides on Liseberg sounds like a wonderful idea.

No preference at all on BPB/Towers as long as they're a weekend.

Sandman

Giga Poster
1. BPB/Towers - Of course
2. Denmark - I do like the idea of, but could/would this be a 3 park trip? I reckon you could actually do Tivoli & Bakken with Liseberg? I imagine this Live would be good because Bakken and Tivoli don't require the full days (neccesarily), so more random group adventuring could be had!

Might seem a bit 'out there', but Finland could be a decent live. Doesn't even have to be this year I guess. Just looks like a lovely country and there seems to be a fair amount of creds there. Again, might not be the holy grail of coasters but seems right up CF's street for generally having a bunch of fun off-ride as well as on.

Sandman

Giga Poster
*As for dates, I'd say get the Scandi stuff later in the year so there's more hours of dark to enjoy ;) Also hopefully less crowds.

TilenB

Strata Poster
1. BPB/Towers - Of course
2. Denmark - I do like the idea of, but could/would this be a 3 park trip? I reckon you could actually do Tivoli & Bakken with Liseberg? I imagine this Live would be good because Bakken and Tivoli don't require the full days (neccesarily), so more random group adventuring could be had!

Might seem a bit 'out there', but Finland could be a decent live. Doesn't even have to be this year I guess. Just looks like a lovely country and there seems to be a fair amount of creds there. Again, might not be the holy grail of coasters but seems right up CF's street for generally having a bunch of fun off-ride as well as on.
Just a bit of a warning, Bakken usually closes for season really early, so I don't think it would be open in October (unless they are changing something this year).

As for Finland, there's been a live there before in 2013, I think and, apart from Junker, not much of worth has been added since... :)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
My thinking with Poland - Is just to Go! New coasters are announced worldwide and being built all the time, and you could in theory keep putting it off for the next coaster.... then the next coaster etc I think it's new territory for a lot of people anyway, and plenty to do! Poland is also cheap so I say just revisit when Hyperion opens!

I need Lisberg in my life - and would suggest adding on Skara too for Tranan!.... I'd also love to do Grona too - but could just tag those on personally.

Also how about a winter trip 2018 to either Phantasialand, Europa or Efteling - for Xmas atmosphere? - Or NYE 2018?

Sandman

Giga Poster
As for Finland, there's been a live there before in 2013, I think and, apart from Junker, not much of worth has been added since... :)

2013 was like 5 years ago now though, so not that bad ;) It's just a country I reckon less people have done, therefore plenty of new creds. Not one I'd imagine happening very often either so would be good to see another live there at some point in the near future (just a general suggestion, not a MUST do for 2018) :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
best argument I can think of for Poland is

only dates thing I can think of is to decide on the date for Alton soon, so people can decide which annual pass they need to get..

Also - echoing the Bakken closing warning, it wasn't open after GF this year, but i think it may have opened in the half term week...

Sandman

Giga Poster
Denmark could even be a late August/Sept type thing, since most of the parks close pretty late it would still allow for those delightful night rides. I dunno if others would prefer that though, I just know that it's worth focusing on the evening at Tivoli for the fab lights and ambience, plus I've heard too many sweet stories about Helix at night, which would be a great way to spend a weekend. Still, I'm easy. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'd say pencil in Poland for the end of the summer, apparently they have to open the ride in 2018 for funding reasons or something, if it's not testing by June then pull the plug on the live. They will probably want it open for the summer so expect vertical to fly up when it starts.

And I'm in for a Sweden shindig.

Last edited:

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
If blackpool was in August I could probably make it. Although I suppose it depends when icon opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Sweden is on my must-do bucket list for next year so that sounds good. Would be interested in poland too and maybe even the others depending on other trip plans and dates.

I will probably do Alton/bpb early-ish in the year (provided rides open on time) so would prefer those to be early otherwise I will have already gone and might not go again.

Pretty chill with whatever really though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Personally I'm doing Poland in 2019, so that writes that off for me.

Are we still doing Alton fireworks as a Live? I'll still be going on Sunday 4th November but I do like it as a Live :)

Alton/Blackpool I'm up for, but I'm away pretty much the whole of April so basically I'll just go when I can if the dates chosen don't work for me.

Liseberg I'd maybe suggest some time in August - maybe the bank holiday weekend to give people the chance to make more of a holiday of it?

Tover I'm also up for, again happy to work around what others are doing - but could maybe make it a fab weekend and include Dippiedoe and Billybird?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm game for all those.

Assuming Alton/Blackpool will be for opening so dates depend on the parks?

Liseberg - I'd be happy to do this as day trip tbh since we haven't long been to Grona/Kolmarden and we'll be back there again soon for the Grona invert.

Denmark for Ghosterforce sounds interesting. Selfishly, I'd prefer the summer months with the better weather as it's a longer trip (I'm planning to tag on Hansa Park too and would love to see it in the sunshine). Also, I was thinking Walibi Belgium for Halloween. But obviously I'll be down for whatever.

Toverland - agree with Jordan. Incorporating some crappy nearby parks sounds like a laugh. I've been putting off a Netherlands mop-up trip for a while and will probably add on Slagharen, Hellendoorn and that place with the oldest cred.

I can take or leave Poland.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Definitely interested in Poland. Would go anytime but makes sense to leave it till later in the year in the hope that Hyperion opens.
Alton and Blackpool are a given, and I'd be up for Liseberg and/or Toverland from July onwards.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
If opening date rumours are anything to go by, I'd suggest:

March: Alton
April or May: Blackpool
August: Liseberg - Please any weekend apart from 16th -20th August so I can come! (anyone else up for a Kolmarden add on btw?)
September: Poland (then it can be cancelled if Hyperion isn't open)

Denmark I'm not fussed by. Apparently Toverland's Halloween event is amazing, could go there in October maybe?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Bakken has always closed really early every season (ultimo August), but in 2018 they will in fact, for the first time ever, be open during the danish fall holiday and around christmas as well! - Would love to meet you guys if you do Denmark next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.