What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2009 Edition

Manderr

Mega Poster
Jimmy Sullivan (AKA The Rev) from the band Avenged Sevenfold died yesterday aged 28. Natural causes apparently! :?

Rush

Giga Poster
Any points for Akmal Shaikh, the executed suspected drugs smuggler? His death is almost getting as much publicity here as Michael Jackson's.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Young people die unexpectedly all the time. You just never hear of it unless they're famous, making it seem like a really rare occurance.

Zelda Rubinstein, the tiny woman who played the psychic character from the Poltergeist movies has just been taken off life support.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7017389920

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Come on celebs! You only have 16 hours left to die!

Who will be the last entry in this topic?

I shall total up the scores on Sunday!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just because this could be the last entry for the year I'll break my self-imposed rule of waiting 48 hours in order to let other people post.
In a year that claimed so many notables perhaps it is fitting to end it like this as Dr. Death died today.
Steve Williams, who wrestled professionally as 'Dr. Death', died at the age of 49 after a long bout with throat cancer.
http://thewrestlingdaily.com/?p=6837

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rush said:
Any points for Akmal Shaikh, the executed suspected drugs smuggler? His death is almost getting as much publicity here as Michael Jackson's.

No.

Final scoreboard for 2009!

REST IN PEACE POINTS
East Coast(er) General - 23
AeRo - 17
Mushroom - 16
mrclam - 12
Emmett - 12
gavin - 12
Neal - 8
Ollie - 6
Ian - 6
david morton - 6
Dave - 5
RollerCoasterFanatic - 3
southend_marc - 2
Rush - 2
Lewis - 2
Pokemaniac - 2
ciallkennett - 2
Manderr - 2
Ben - 1
robbeal - 1
Taylor - 1
Pieman - 1
Roody Poo - 1
Jake - 1
Tomatron - 1
aly - 1
Lain - 1
LFTL - 1
Smithy - 1

So that's a total of 133 celebrity deaths pointlessly posted and over-hyped on CF in 2009! Hurrah for keeping it all in one topic and not having scores of singular topics.

Can we beat 133 in 2010?!

And congratulations to East Coast(er) General for winning! Send me your address Jerry and I'll post off a prize!