What's new

Celebration City

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
So, RCDB has the Miler coaster Jack Rabit moving to Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA this winter.

Herschend Family Entertainment has already packed up the Millenium Flyers from Ozark Wildcat and sent them there for use on Cheetah.

Is Celebration city done? Should we stick a fork in it? Does anybody know more?

Snoo

The Legend
That would be a sad day if it is true.. Ozark Wildcat looks wonderful.. but with this economy and that area suffering quite badly.. who knows what could happen.

Things aren't looking well though.

davidm

Strata Poster
It did look wonderful...

Denied!

Was quite sad by being fenced off from this. :-(

Not sure that the park looked like a "destination" in itself, but it did sure look like it was a better place to spend a few hours that the Andy Williams theatre.

Shame - suspect this place will just be flattened in a few years. :-(

Snoo

The Legend
^I meant Branson, not really Celebration City.

It is trying to become a tourist desination/kinda was.. but it is in the Midwest.. so.. lol

davidm

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^I meant Branson, not really Celebration City.

Oh - ha!

Dunno about that so much, the place seemed pretty healthy when I was there...

SDC was busy, and the town was lively (if you accept a measure of liveliness being old-people attending country music theatres and very-odd comedy shows).

:)

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I hope that everything holds together in Missouri and Arkansas until I can go there next August. I have plans for SFSL, WOF, SDC, and Magic Springs. There are 3 or 4 other woodens and 7 or 8 good looking steel ones between all the parks.

A

Anonymous

i remember riding Jack Rabbit, in 05' and everything was running so smoothly, like nothing was happening, the parks only been open for 6 years... hopefully they'll bring it back, because, i missed the Ozark Wildcat..