What's new

Cedar Valley's Wild Frontier Fun Park | Unnamed | Fabbri Water Jumping Flume

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The park's name is a bit of a mouthful...where is it? This park is located in the middle of nowhere Northern Michigan:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...301babc2fea922!8m2!3d44.8058735!4d-84.0512498

Apparently they're attempting to improve this place and make it a destination for those in the top region of the state. Part of this improvement includes one of those sweet jumping flumes that we Americans only see abroad or in trip reports!

26815595_2010629205851679_5516859421057489919_n.png

Photo credit: Cedar Valley's Wild Frontier Fun Park's Facebook page

I'm simultaneously excited and bewildered. It's neat to see a park investing in improvements and it's awesome to see such a unique ride becoming more available to some of us...but Comins, MI?! I've been all over Michigan - not only have I never been in that corner of the Lower Peninsula, but I didn't know that Comins, MI existed until about 20 minutes ago.

I guess we'll see what happens...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The park name sounds like they couldn't decide on which of the three name alternatives to run with, so they just combined them all.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
But is it a cred? It's definitely a bit more coastery than the usual nautic jet things which just aren't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
But is it a cred? It's definitely a bit more coastery than the usual nautic jet things which just aren't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
There's one in Hawally Park, Kuwait. It's on coaster-count as undefined, but not on rcdb.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So this place's Facebook popped up in my feed again and I took a scroll through to figure out if this ever opened. As of six weeks ago, it looks like the park is still awaiting shipment of the ride. They also posted some drone footage at the beginning of August and there doesn't appear to be any sign of it yet. That is kind of a bummer, but with the way the park's official comments read, it seems like they are determined to build it and open it. We'll see, I guess.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The Fun Park area of Cedar Valley's resort has closed for the year and I was never able to confirm if this did open. Supposedly it was to be commissioned for the July 4th weekend yet I could not find any word that it was. Luckily, the park is less than two hours from my parents place so I will likely swing by next summer.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The Fun Park area of Cedar Valley's resort has closed for the year and I was never able to confirm if this did open. Supposedly it was to be commissioned for the July 4th weekend yet I could not find any word that it was. Luckily, the park is less than two hours from my parents place so I will likely swing by next summer.
You horrible whore, missing a cred when it's on the way to see family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm unstickying this.
I've been itching to see this thread unstickied for months now. I'll go have one of those periodic looks through the subforum to see if any of the long-stickied attractions have opened while we weren't paying attention.