What's new

Cedar Point worker found dead in Dorms

Error

Strata Poster
As some of you know, I work at Cedar Point current over halloweekends. Saturday morning, as I walked out to my car, there was a line of Police and Medical vehicles inside the dorm areas. I had no idea what was going on and proceeded to go to work.

Later that day, I heard rumors going around. Nothing to confirm, so I ignored them. Then this came up:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/article/4709591

Scruggs’ roommate found the young man dead at about 7:30 a.m., said Lt. Mike Campbell, of the Sandusky Police Department. Scruggs suffered from diabetes, Campbell said. A police report said Scruggs was found dead at Cedar Point Commons, on the first block of Cedar Point Drive.
Erie County coroner Dr. Brian Baxter came to the scene and arranged for the body to be transported to Lucas County for an autopsy, the police report said.

Police released Scruggs’ name Saturday afternoon after notifying his family.

It was really shocking and scary. The death was not found to be foul play (Suicide, accident or murder), but there's an investigation going on.

I'm already going to say: I don't know anything more than what was in the article, so please don't ask.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So this is more "dead person who just so happened to work at Cedar Point" rather than "person dies at Cedar Point".

I'm sure it's upsetting for those who knew him.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Despite the "personal" connection, this really isn't park news.

Oh, and thoughts and prayers etc.

BBH

Giga Poster
At first I almost had a heart attack when I saw the topic title but I'm glad to hear you're OK.

Very unfortunate news, thoughts and prayers to the victim's family and friends and acquaintances and people who had a connection with him. /end-run-on

Ethan

Strata Poster
I actually find this really sad. But yeah, not park news.
Either way, it's upsetting to hear things like this though...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I heard this and immediately thought of how my parents would have reacted if tgey got a call saying that I was found dead in my dorm there since I'm working there (hopefully) next summer. It's awful that this happened and I can't imagine what his family is going through. My thoughts go out to them.