What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Saw this posted on Reddit, that hill appears to be pretty much complete now.

nh21evdv3ijy.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It ****ing dominates that area of the park now. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Very cool, glad they are stretching the element all the way back to the ground.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
This hill almost seems too big. The first drop will need to be absolutely massive for that hill to get anything more than floater air.

codeman94

Mega Poster
hmm. Kinda underwhelming. I thought it would pull down much harder/steeper. Yes, gonna need a TON of speed to make this feel as wild they likely plan it to be.

Lofty

CF Legend
Who does every single element need to be overtly forceul or demanding for people to be happy? In reality, coasters with huge fluctuating forces and different experiences collectively are by far the best - which is why RMC's provide such great rides.

davidm

Strata Poster
Has any of the existing RMCs got a plain-old-big-monster-air-time-hill like this one seems to be?

(obviously lots of them have big air-time-hills, but they all mess about with it a bit, like inverting you or sticking you sideways - thats kinda what I mean)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Has any of the existing RMCs got a plain-old-big-monster-air-time-hill like this one seems to be?

(obviously lots of them have big air-time-hills, but they all mess about with it a bit, like inverting you or sticking you sideways - thats kinda what I mean)
Some of them do have plain airtime hills, but they're not quite as monster as this one.
Goliath, Six Flags Great America - there's a medium sized hill after the first trunaround:
aadasca

Iron Rattler, Six Flags Fiesta Texas - the drop back into the quarry:
aacnsva

Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom - has two airtime hills (albeit, half the size of the Mean Streak one):
aadwwsa

aaecoga

So strictly to answer your question, no, I don't think any of the RMCs so far has a "plain-old-big-monster-air-time-hill", but we have seen a few of the non-twisty type hills.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah I really meant the "traditional" second hill / ****-off big airtime hill - guess Storm Chaser's comes closest but thats not on the scale of this thing.
So perhaps this is going to be a a bit more traditional (no inversions maybe), rather than the super-tricked out twisty stuff we have had before - or maybe it'll just be leaving that until its lost some speed.

Enough to keep us interested for the next 15 months or so, anyway. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, Storm Chaser is probably the closest in that respect. I'd also suspect the relative heights of the drop/hill to be similar, and Storm Chaser's hill is pretty intense, so I have high hopes.

codeman94

Mega Poster
The most intense/most surprising airtime hill I've ever ridden is the one near the beginning of Maverick. It's small, but that ride gave me and EDUCATION on what makes a roller-coaster fun. I've never ridden an RMC, so I'm watching this one with a lot of interest.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Ever since RMC announced their existence to the world with New Texas Giant, they've amazed me with their brilliant, innovative and thrilling designs. But I felt they still lacked the "BANG OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED?" of Intamin's big bad sustained airtime hills found on GeForce and El Toro. Now they seem to adress that little complaint I had. Really looking forward to the final result!