What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

oxu1qh.jpg

I can't tell if that's more like Nemesis, or Oblivion... :p

I'm surprised that these haven't been posted yet. CP released them a few days ago to show how construction is well underway.

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8628.jpg

After doing a mockup (a mediocre mockup, but enough to give me an idea) blue supports, IMO, would be hideous on this coaster. The white supports give it a much more clean appearance IMO and have a nice contrast with the electric navy and sky blue.

World's.....Tallest, Fastest, Longest drop, Longest, Most inversions wing coaster.............also going to be my first wing coaster. This shall be interesting.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

If all goes well (and work doesnt need me on that weekend), I should be taking part in a construction site tour for this December 8th.

Here is hoping my second job doesnt need me (as there is a sale that weekend).

More updates -

Front gate webcam image:

Gatekeepercam.jpg

Photos from CP's facebook page:

15223_10151133708931463_209697005_n.jpg

399224_10151133708226463_773565706_n.jpg

^ Busiest skyline? Perhaps. Not prettiest though, I think BGW must win that contest, with the green trees on the rolling hills etc.

^Eff trees, I want rides. MF+TTD+Wicked Twister+Magnum+Other-things-I'm-too-lazy-to-mention?
I think what I meant to say was "most imposing/impressive skyline". That would work better, yeah.

I love skylines where you can see all/most of the rides. Makes you want to run to the park gate as soon as possible when you see the first car go round. Skyline parks with trees are more pretty to look at, but at a Amasument park (not a theme park) I just wanna see big metal macheines, lifting people 400ft in the air at 100mph

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Wow didn't notice how the area by gatekeeper looked so bland. I really am looking foward to this and may plan a trip for 2013 to get down there.

Well when you have a 300ft tall spire and a giant building there for 3 decades+.. having nothing/beginning of a ride does look quite different.

Looks a bit like it used to when Disaster Transport was an outdoor coaster. :wink:

cp1_665.jpg