What's new

Cedar Point 2020: What could it be?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Social Media Team
I think its safe to say that a major new coaster for 2020 is a confirmed no?
What explicit evidence is there stating that there won't be a coaster in 2020? I'm playing devil's advocate here - it doesn't seem like there is any activity anywhere on site and I don't believe a coaster is in the works, but that doesn't mean they couldn't build a small family coaster with ground prep starting in September or October. Unless we get a statement from a park official or some other evidence that says "we're not building a coaster," we can't call it confirmed.

bernatc22

IMO the bar we should set in order to no be disappointed is, at most (and still very unlikely), a raptor. Personally I'm leaning more towards a family coaster or even no coaster at all, but still I'm sure Cedar Point will address what we all so anxiously wait to hear come the end of summer. And even if there is no huge ride to celebrate CP's 150th anniversary, the park has already added more than enough in the past few years, so there's that.

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Social Media Team
IMO the bar we should set in order to no be disappointed is, at most (and still very unlikely), a raptor. Personally I'm leaning more towards a family coaster or even no coaster at all, but still I'm sure Cedar Point will address what we all so anxiously wait to hear come the end of summer. And even if there is no huge ride to celebrate CP's 150th anniversary, the park has already added more than enough in the past few years, so there's that.
The park is still talking about bringing back retro food items. Might want to lower that bar a bit further.

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point will be announcing more on 2020 plans today:

What we know thus far (thanks to Cedar Point's 150th Anniversary Webpage)

• A new nighttime celebration will take place along the Main Midway
  • New (and throwback) food items are coming to tempt your taste buds
  • Nostalgic merchandise and souvenirs will give a nod to the park’s historic past
  • A reimagined Town Hall, complete with a more detailed look at Cedar Point history, will be waiting for you
  • A river expedition for the entire family is set to launch into our waters
  • Introduction of $99 Gold Pass with park entry and parking included
I am most excited for the "river expedition" as this could be a return of Paddlewheel Excursions, who's station now sits idle as Dinosaurs Alive! was removed end of last year (used the station for merchandise and access across the river to Adventure Island). While there is a floating bridge in place for guests to get across to Forbidden Frontier, the park is also using the old Shoot the Rapids raised access bridge as well; it would be in the realm of possible to create a river crossing while allowing ship passage underneath. All sheer speculation, but would love to see a "classic" ride return.

More to come over the rest of the season.