What's new

Cedar Fair Announces Investment in Carowinds

D1993

Hyper Poster
I for one see no need for B&M to make anything like Skyrush's trains.
The trains they have are already the best in the business, with excellent comfort, safety and design systems.
Why try and fix something if it's not broken? There is nothing in my view that they really need to improve upon for the trains.
My current hunch is that this will be a giga, hopefully a customised one that is different in layout from Leviathan.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I actually really like that name for a giga coaster.
But, I'll be honest this seems a little unreliable I'm not exactly how sure I believe it yet.
If Carowinds were to get a 325 foot giga named Fury though, I couldn't be any happier.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
They also applied for "Fury" without the 325 and "Fun TV".

While the name isn't awful i prefer the "Centurion" name they trademarked last year but never used.

therick311

Mega Poster
I'm surprised they didn't already have the Fun TV trademark. Isn't that the in park TV station used at Kings Island?

bmac

Giga Poster
All Cedar Fair parks have FunTV. I just hope the 65 mph statement doesn't end up being true.

coaster addict

Mega Poster
bmac said:
All Cedar Fair parks have FunTV. I just hope the 65 mph statement doesn't end up being true.

We've been curious about that specific speed quote. Personally, I assume that the council members would not like to find out that they were initially told the ride would be 65mph only to find out later that it was about 30mph FASTER! Let's hope they are all coaster riders and demanding that speeds reach more than 100mph =D>

bmac

Giga Poster
One of the council members repeatedly asked about the chances of being tossed into the parking lot, so I highly doubt any of them have a clue about anything related to the industry besides "They're big and intimidating."

coaster addict

Mega Poster
roomraider said:
They also applied for "Fury" without the 325 and "Fun TV".

While the name isn't awful i prefer the "Centurion" name they trademarked last year but never used.

I saw that too! This makes me wonder whether Cedar Fair will pull a switch-a-roo of sorts with Kings Dominion, potentially naming a future/upcoming hyper that they may build Fury and have the giga (at Carowinds) called Fury 325 in the same fashion that they have Intimidator at Carowinds ad I305 at KD!

Thoughts?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I think a giga for carowinds is very likely, but I doubt kings dominion would get a hyper coaster after a giga coaster unless there was something unique about it.

coaster addict

Mega Poster
CookieCoasters said:
I think a giga for carowinds is very likely, but I doubt kings dominion would get a hyper coaster after a giga coaster unless there was something unique about it.

That would be a weird order for a park to take, but, if all of the other (east of the Mississippi) CF parks are to get a hyper and maybe an eventual giga, KD would certainly have to get one at some point... maybe a hyper inverted or winged coaster? LoL!

Intricks

Strata Poster
db_2015Layout_overlay1.jpg

Seems like we have a layout folks.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Looks like someone took the layout of Leviathan and pasted it onto a google maps of Carowinds. If that is real I will be disappointed in the apparent lack of creativity.

Ben

CF Legend
^The ending is a bit different isn't it?

If this is another B&M Giga in a park that already has a Hyper, I will ****. scream.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^Yeah, I guess on second look the last 1/3 of the ride has a different layout. Either way you should probably keep your vocal chords warmed up, i'd imagine you will be yelling in a few months.

Intricks

Strata Poster
tomahawk said:
Original came from????

As much as I hate to say it, Screamscape. I guess someone went and did what folks did with Banshee, went to the appropriate place and asked for the blueprints.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster
I don't necessarily mind if it's a B&M Giga since I really want to ride one. I hope that the layout is not near identical to Leviathan though.