What's new

CdA: 100.000.000 EUR for Bellewaerde Park

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Compagnie des Alpes will invest 100.000.000 EUR in their second Belgian park in Belgium for the next 10 years: Bellewaerde Park, located in Ypres. That is what CdA released on their website yesterday.

It is not known yet what they are going to do with that huge budget, however for 2024 Bellewaerde Park will open an Intamin Spinning Rapids for 2024 and Humpi, Zamperla Nabulaz and Psssht Station, a Zamperla Barn Yard for 2023. This season, the park will also have an upgrade for their Indian themed land and a medieval themed restaurant.

After Walibi Belgium, Bellewaerde Park is the second Belgian CdA park that gets 100.000.000 EUR. Really curious what they are going to with this budget.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Accommodation seems like a natural step, especially since they have the waterpark too.

I haven't visited the park since 2018, but Wakala seems to have filled the slot nicely as a major attraction. I wonder if it's time to get rid of the Boomerang and replace that with a modern, family thrill coaster. Something a bit more of a step up from Wakala, but still accessible to all. New Vekoma?

I'd imagine the budget would also include zoo enhancements too?

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Accommodation seems like a natural step, especially since they have the waterpark too.

I haven't visited the park since 2018, but Wakala seems to have filled the slot nicely as a major attraction. I wonder if it's time to get rid of the Boomerang and replace that with a modern, family thrill coaster. Something a bit more of a step up from Wakala, but still accessible to all. New Vekoma?

I'd imagine the budget would also include zoo enhancements too?

How about "Speed of Sound" it with a retheme and a new train?

Indy

Hyper Poster
I wonder if it's time to get rid of the Boomerang and replace that with a modern, family thrill coaster. Something a bit more of a step up from Wakala, but still accessible to all. New Vekoma?
I don’t know that eliminating the boomerang is quite the right direction. During my visit last year, it was relatively popular and was one of the better boomerangs I’ve experienced. I personally feel they need to add a more extreme coaster, or go with another family thrill coaster as you suggest. They have an extreme-ish coaster in the form of the boomerang. So, either go the next step up and really capture a little more of the thrill crowd like Plopsaland did with RTH, or stick with the more family friendly vibe and do something on the slightly larger scale like Heidi. Something such as a Juvelen or a large scale family spinner could suit the park well.