What's new

CBS can't rate coasters

Error

Strata Poster
This is the top 5 list from a CBS news report. Keep in mind, this is for the USA'S coasters:

5. Wildebeest, Holiday World
4. Kingda Ka, SFGAd
3. Diamondback, KI
2. Sky Rocket, Kennywood
1. I305, KD

Anyone see any issues with this?

Also, look at some of these "facts"
"The Diamondback is considered a hypercoaster because of the fact that it inverts elements and uses a lift hill rather than a speedy launch."

"It is a lunch coaster"

"This roller coaster was opened in 1920. It is the oldest continuously operating coaster in America."

Oi...

Discuss

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/ ... 2303.shtml

RCF

Strata Poster
blank_facepalm_224.gif

jokerman

Giga Poster
The list was a load of balls, but you were wrong. It was only meant to be coasters in the US.

Doesn't stop it being an awful article though.

Error

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
The list was a load of balls, but you were wrong. It was only meant to be coasters in the US.

Doesn't stop it being an awful article though.

I noticed it and fixed it. Thanks.

And yes, it's bad.

^Me too.. It seems like they randomly refreshed the home page on RCDB and slapped the first five coasters that came up in the "random coaster" thing on the list. Hell, one of them isn't EVEN a coaster.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
The video is better than the article!

The informed media said:
"They can basically almost just launch you now"

"Powering something by electric motors and water is like violating the Geneva Convention!"

"One that's been around for a little while is the Kingda Ka"

"Diamondback called a hypercoaster because it really gets you inverted... no lunch please! And we're talking 10 vertical drops on this thing!"

"Intimidator 305 has another vertical drop"

"Jackrabbit is the original wooden roller coaster"

So if he's correct... launch technology is still forthcoming, water rides that have electric motors are tantamount to mistreatment of POWs, something built 5 years ago is old as coasters go, any Arrow looper is actually also a hyper coaster, vertical drops are now standard on all new coasters, and there were no roller coasters before 1920.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's not on RCDB or CoasterCounter. It's not a coaster. End of.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Something tells me that electricity and water aren't a good combo. Apparently, this guy failed science class.