What's new

Castle Coaster

Brookes

Giga Poster
The 3Ds look great so far but I'm afraid the track doesn't. It looks like you've got some good ideas but the shaping isn't too good. The cobra's shaping is off plus as Hixee said don't use the straight tool for drops as they are just bumpy in entrances and exits and aren't smooth. So keep working at the smoothing!

Ollie

CF Legend
Also you've got the walls of the castle shaped fine. But there's nothing inside other than a blank box and a couple of walls which is going to make the indoor sections boring and plain. Try adding some more themeing and also start adding textures.

rctwik

Roller Poster
Thanks for feedback but here's a few thinhgs i haven't told you yet
1. Those pictures are just a rough idea and i am smoothing the track + correcting
2. That castle is just so i know where to put the roller coaster
3. This isn't a dive coaster at all it is something completely different
4. I am going to export the track a 3ds tube like Ollie does like with SAW (I still don't know how to do that without the NL coaster kit :? Help please?)
5. This is no where near done, i am going to add extra scenery, and textures etc.

So I kind of need help with texturing (texturing programmes) and I need help with working out how to make the track into a 3ds tube, please :)

Ollie

CF Legend
So you started this without knowing how to do half of it?
You can add textures in wings and you'll need the old NoLimits terraformer to transfer the track into a 3Ds object. Loefet has an excellent topic here that already answers all your questions and more and if you have any questions he usually knows the answer:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... hp?t=21656

rctwik

Roller Poster
Yeeesss :oops: lol
Thanks very much for that help, The track is coming on okay for my standards which are surprisingly low (as you'll see when it's done) for my normal standards.
I will be posting pictures showing two textures and i'll ask you which one looks best but atm i am still finishing the track and i will then make tunnels, passage ways and extra scenery in Wing. I'll keep you updated hopefully :)

Woohoo!! Track's pretty much done.. It's a little weird though

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's much easier to build the tunnels around the track though. You'll struggle to put tunnels in an already solid wall that the track is currently going through.

rctwik

Roller Poster
Texture

I'm going to ask you which texture looks better
Which one looks better?

I prefer the first, grey one. What do you think?

Ollie

CF Legend
The first maybe. Also don't just slap the textures on as if you look at the sides of the turrets at the top you can see it's stretched because you've just selected the whole object and pasted the texture on. Try to take more time and do each wall and apply the texture. It'll look a lot neater and won't stretch or distort how it has at the moment.

rctwik

Roller Poster
Where can I get the OLD terraformer? the one I have only exports terrain files.

Yes I know they are distorted I was just showing the texture, I am going to put the texture on each face by using Y axis view X axis view etc.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^No idea about the question, but I can give you a hint about texture applying. When slapping on textures, select the face in question, go to view -> align to selection to get your view a perfect 90* on the chosen surface. Works better than eyeballing almost all the time.

rctwik

Roller Poster
Here's some 3ds and texture i've been working on
Person: (not very good)

Dungeon Corridor:

Well I think that looks pretty cool.. apart from the lights :lol:

Please help me! I can't find the old terraformer anywhere! If you can't help me maybe someone could send me it in a compressed folder or something...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ice cream!

Hmm... that floor/ceiling texture doesn't look quite right, but the walls are good.

Oh, by the way, you could try to make cloaked persons instead, if regular ones become too difficult. I don't know what you're using them for, or want them to look like, but a person wearing a large cloak and hood wouldn't crash with a castle theme, I think.

Ollie

CF Legend
The walls are alright but I'd change the ceiling and floor texture. Also Change the lights to an alpha channel as they'll look more real then instead of like ice creams.
And just Google search for the old NoLimits Terraformer. If you still can't find it then I'll send it to you over MSN.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Sorry for the mini hijack but is there any chance of hosting the old terraformer on the web? I've tried searching all over for it but with no luck :(

rctwik - good luck with this project, looks like your going to be putting quite abit of effort in.

rctwik

Roller Poster
LOL same..
I can't work out how to work lights properly and i don't know what you mean by alpha so should i just take the ice cream out of the cone? :lol:

rctwik

Roller Poster
Texturing still

Still Texturing... Texturing can be pretty boring :wink:
Oh well, here's progress:

There's lots of edges and shapes untidily placed...

Here's my person, textured:

And my new, fixed hall

rctwik

Roller Poster
Emailling

Ollie, could I send you an email so you know who I am so you can please send me the old terraformer - I had no luck finding it - gavimetric studios is down, please, if possible, could you send it as the installer in a compressed folder? I know it's a huge ask, I would really appreciate it because it would make everything much easier :)

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Like the hallway, the floor and ceiling textures are better than the initial ones and the blood splat is a nice addition :bullethole: