Re: Carowinds | Unknown 2015

Nope. The page got pulled. It smells like the Bat leak prior to Banshee

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Well there you have it. For 2015, Carowinds is getting a repainted Arrow suspended named Centurion. :lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Well now, this is interesting:

7arevuru.jpg

From a friends Facebook page

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Here is the message when you call that phone number:

"Thank you for reporting a paranormal disturbance in our construction area. We have recorded your call and will log it in our incident record. Please stay informed about other incident reports by visiting our website, Carowinds.com. You can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it. The world will know August 21st."

If we are to take it at face value, "paranormal disturbance" hardly matches Centurion, and would be difficult to link with Fury 325.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Hyde said:
If we are to take it at face value, "paranormal disturbance" hardly matches Centurion, and would be difficult to link with Fury 325.

I could see them running with an angry poltergeist theme and using Fury 325.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Very true. Taps into the whole "You can't stop it" mantra.

DavidW

Roller Poster

Here is a recording of the audio
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9mBAUgBeg[/youtube]

Intricks

Strata Poster

The same friend who posted that ALSO posted a video that they are teasing on their TVs.

The tease is barely 15 seconds long, but it is zoomed in on what looks to be a shield with water (Its hard to tell, you just see a droplet fall down it) before it zooms out into an add for the announcement date. This is where it gets interesting though, it shows this weird polygon/diamond type structure, that has a shadow zoom by it.

To me, the shadow resembled a Wasp; however, it could have just been the train going over it.

Back to the leak though, someone spotted that the top of the helmet looks VERY similar to that of the Wing Coaster chassis covers found on Gatekeeper and even X-Flight.

I still get the feeling that it was nothing more than another Bat-type leak ala Banshee.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Nagashima Spaland just recently announced their Manta clone, which appears teal by the concept art, the same teal as the teal at the plant. So that's that. There is also still a lot of track rusting in the field, so that could be for a new coaster as well.

Updated rundown:
Orange- Holiday World
Yellow- China
Teal- Nagashima Spaland
Green- Unknown
Unknown- Efteling

This pretty much puts the green track at a 50/50 chance of being Carowinds's. Later I might compare pieces of Leviathan and Krake to see if we can give this track a home. But the teal getting snatched up and the teaser graphics for CW make this pretty probable.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Nagashima is getting a B&M flyer similar to Manta? Well that was certainly random and completely unexpected but still nonetheless awesome.
What a big year for B&M! It's a nice problem not knowing where all this track is going to.
As for Carowinds I am actually not sure what to expect, there has been so many different sorts of clues and hints. I'm just gonna keep my expectations open and not be deadset on a giga, I still feel like there is a possibility for it to be other things.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Also, just recently on Carowinds' Facebook page they posted a photo of the entrance area along with the caption
"Carowinds is going down under. And we don't mean Australia".
I really can't think of anything else than to mean there will be a tunnel somewhere on the ride. Perhaps we could see a 325 foot drop with an underground tunnel or maybe instead of going over or around the entrance, it will go below it? .....

steel

Mega Poster

I think we all know what that means...

european_mole_1.jpg

new for 2015 @ Carowinds, the world's first mole-themed roller coaster

coaster addict

Mega Poster

Anybody thinking there is a chance that it will be named in the Charlotte Hornets likeness? I tried to compare rumor notes and add some dialogue in a recent blog post of mine on CoasterAddict.com, but I could easily see them going with the other two top naming options (Centurion and Fury 325).

D1993

Hyper Poster

I would sincerely hope it's not a mole themed coaster hahahaha.
I'm hoping that's just some plan to mislead fans and get them confused. At this point, I would guess for Fury 325 to be the best option, but I would be happy to be surprised and see something completely new.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

At this point I'm pretty clueless about the name. Most of the Centurion discussion seems to be gone (which is unfortunate, because that was the only name tossed around that I really liked). The teasers with phrases like "you're gonna need a much bigger net" could allude to the Hornets, and honestly I wouldn't put it passed Carowinds to make that tie in (they already have a NASCAR coaster). Still, that doesn't seem to coincide with the construction signs and the "paranormal disturbances." So yeah, I really have no idea what to expect for this one.

I just hope it's not called Fury 325. That's just an awful name.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

^Fair enough. But that still has no obvious link to the "paranormal disturbances" in the phone message. I also have no idea what to make of this "down under" comment. Carowinds is doing a good job of keeping guessing at this point.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

This probably means an underground tunnel somewhere in the layout, possibly into/out of the hammerhead.

I'll be riding Leviathan today (Typing that felt SO good! :D) so I'll know how this could ride. Should give me a better perspective of the plan leak and what to expect from Centurion Hornet 325.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

2012Jarrett said:
This probably means an underground tunnel somewhere in the layout, possibly into/out of the hammerhead.
Watch them make the coaster 305 feet tall, and the drop be 325 feet, with a tunnel 20ft under ground....Just so it wouldn't pass MF as a taller coaster. :drinking: