What's new

Carnival Ride In Spain Kills 3 Riders

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The image shows one of the seat units has come off an arm. Ouch :(

Is it a KMG Afterburner though? There are so many people doing these and variants.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It comes from a Czech Republic manufacturer called FunLight and it's a KMG Freak Out knock-off. It used to travel in the Hungarian fair circuit and then some Spanish bought it...

Pretty bad stuff.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its hard to tell the manufacturer of these, as there are soo many about. Even KMG offer a few different models.

But ****, thats a proper bad accident, just as bad as that Booster falling over...

marc

CF Legend
All the new articals I read said it was KMG :(

Anyway what a nasty accident you simply do not expect that to happen, and to happen mid ride it was probably going fast and high :(

Hurri

Mega Poster
The report at http://rideaccidents.com/ says this ride was manufactured in the Czech Republic and most other Freak Out machines are not associated with that manufacturer.

Horrible accident, another blot on Funlight's already sketchy safety record...

spicy

Giga Poster
On that ride accidents link KMG have made a statement confirming that this was in no way a KMG ride.

Still this is awful, one of those things you don't think would ever happen.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
Wow! I've been on that type of canival ride at my towns festival. I'm kind of freaked out now! (no pun intended)

oliverst14

Roller Poster
i dont know id to believe this website but i says it wasnt a fun light freak out.

l&l amusement rides

Important News from Funlight

The recent unfortunate accident involving a Freak-Out
type ride in Spain has no connection with Funlight or
any manufacturing company in Czech Republic the ride
was constructed by a Hungarian company

Rides built and supplied by Funlight have full paperwork
and have been accepted in many countries worldwide

what do u think?

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
This is the trouble with fairs, they're nowhere near as trustworthy as successful theme parks. (Just to state the obvious, there.)

What an awful disaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
TP Rich said:
This is the trouble with fairs, they're nowhere near as trustworthy as successful theme parks. (Just to state the obvious, there.)

What an awful disaster.

You say that, but in all honesty, theme parks aren't exempt from this kind of thing at all. Thorpe Park had a gondola fall off their enterprise, Bottons and Liseberg both had their Miami things snap. There was the Booster thing in Spain that snapped, Battlestar Galactica had seats fall off, etc, etc, etc.

You'll find that the actual difference in numbers of theme park based incidents and travelling fair incidents isn't as huge as you imagine.

oliverst14

Roller Poster
im not allowed to post links so add thesae to youtube and watch. they clearly show that the funlight freakout is of totally different design than the on ein the accident. the square above the seats is alot bigger on the affected ride and the motor is attached on the outside which is clearly visible in the funlight version and not on the affected version.

im not trying to say the fun light model is any good but to me doesnt look like it can be the manufaturer to do with this incident. i wonder who it is? i really wanna know

watch?v=8Wa0JklWo2Y

watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Aa1ZtHWgoWA