What's new

CANCELLED - Unfinnished Business | FINLAND |24th - 26th Jul 2020

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Thanks for securing ERT Chris. Whichever one it is - I might only be able to ride a couple of times if they make me feel off-colour, so hope it wouldn't appear rude if some of us couldn't repeat-ride for the full time!

Whichever way it's still very much appreciated!

Don't worry Harry I'm the same and would likely have to take breaks!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hi All,

Please note that we cautiously still intend on running this trip. We will be following government and park advice and have taken measures to ensure everyones money is protected as much as practicable. In doing this we are contacting hotels to delay payments to as close to the Live date as possible, this is to give us as much time as possible to react to any updates and be able to offer full (or 99%) refunds.

Currently one hotel has requested half payment in May, I'm in discussions with them to get this moved closer to the Live however this is the first date that our money will start being spent (excluding some minimal hire car booking fee's). I will therefore be postponing the next payment (12th April) until I can get a confirmed payment time for the hotels.

Please feel free to PM me any questions and we can discuss any concerns!

Lastly lets all keep our fingers crossed, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is DESPERATE for some thrills!

Chris

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Sorry to drag this back up but is it still going ahead?

We are hoping that this trip will still go ahead, we would however suggest any individuals hold off booking any form of transport / accommodation at this moment in time. I will be sending an email to participants over the coming days confirming this.

Taikavarpu

Roller Poster
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11335940

A quick summary of the article above in English:
The Finnish government is planning to lift some of the coronavirus restrictions regarding public gatherings and events by the start of June, which will allow theme parks to open to the public. Some sort of attendance restrictions as well as queuing restrictions are still likely to be in effect. Linnanmäki and Powerpark have already stated that they are planning to open at the start of June. Särkänniemi refuses to give any kind of estimate on the opening date for now.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Personally I think it's likely that parks in Finland AND the UK will be operating fine by the Live dates, in fact; probably all without any countermeasures as it seems to me the virus is running its own course and seems to be running out of steam.

But I appreciate the decision over this trip going ahead at this time is a very difficult one to make due to the current negative travel advice from the FCO.
There is still some time left for the organisers to consider the options and travel advice to change but it is running out sadly. :-(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The other thing that we are factoring in is any quarantine-on-arrival restrictions that may be at play. The parks might be open, and flights might be running, but that still doesn't mean a Live can take place.

I know @Chris Brown and @Ian are talking about this nearly daily - you won't be kept in the dark, I promise. Or at least, any more in the dark than we are! :)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It would be good if we could postpone the first payment to June instead of May because there are still so many unknowns at the moment. A lot of things seem to be moving towards June openings so it would possibly be clearer then. Probably a tough ask though.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hi all, we are in ongoing discussions with the parks and the hotels at this moment. RE hotels we have had confirmation from both that no payments need to be made until July. As such we have postponed all further payments for the Live as per my recent email (please check your junk folders if not received!)

@Hixee is spot on with the problems we face when it comes to quarantine on arrival restrictions. Way also face significant issues when we return home from Finland. It’s something we are monitoring and will try to be as open as possible with. Please feel free to DM should you have any issues or like to talk anything through!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Hi all, we are in ongoing discussions with the parks and the hotels at this moment. RE hotels we have had confirmation from both that no payments need to be made until July. As such we have postponed all further payments for the Live as per my recent email (please check your junk folders if not received!)

@Hixee is spot on with the problems we face when it comes to quarantine on arrival restrictions. Way also face significant issues when we return home from Finland. It’s something we are monitoring and will try to be as open as possible with. Please feel free to DM should you have any issues or like to talk anything through!

That's a relief, good work! I feel like even if things don't go ahead everything will be a bit clearer by then so at least you'd know whatever you decide it is the right decision.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Is it possible to join along with this at a rather late stage? If not don't worry just recently got back into trawling forums