Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Joey said:
Mark9 said:
billybobjoebob said:
This ride looks like it doesn't have much force, even for a modern B&m

I'm sure when dropping 300 feet, all the riders will just be thinking "gosh this looks like it lacks intensity" :roll:
Well, yeah, actually.

Go tall and loose a sense of speed and intensity. That's generally what happens, even outside of actual physical forces, the illusions of such are not there. Unless you're scared of heights, 300ft is neither here not there. It just sounds impressive, it's a selling point.

I seriously do disagree with you on that point. For us, yes, 300ft is just a selling point. For the GP, not so much.

300ft is still intimidating for them as they havent been as exposed to coasters as we have. You see more people anxious waiting for the taller rides (here in the states at least) than you do for something akin to Sky Rocket.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

steel

Mega Poster
Honestly, I have nothing to say to you if you claim to be a roller coaster enthusiast and all you get out of this coaster is "it's ugly." Especially given the jizzfest going on in the Skyrush thread right now about how fast it moves, even though Skyrush and Leviathan are equally unthemed, about the same length, and racing through their courses in pretty similar ways.
I can't even believe how **** incredible it looks, and I'm just sorry if you're not impressed. Hey, shorter lines for me. Who **** cares what isn't there? That's like saying The Avengers was horrible because Spider-Man wasn't in it. Everything that is there looks phenomenal, and I can't wait to ride it.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ummm...to those saying the tunnel is ugly....its like Millennium Forces. Actually, exactly the same. It is a god awful tunnel from Cedar Fair, were you expecting something LARGELY themed or something like Krakes?

Honestly, Im with steel. Stop knocking the ride based off of really stupid things.

The hideousness of the tunnel really doesn't bother me because it's not going to ruin the aesthetics of the park. It's behind Dragon Fire, which I don't even think is accessible to the public, and it's pretty much in the parking lot. Okay, mist and fog would have been cool, but I still think the coaster is impressive overall from an aesthetic standpoint seeing as it dominates everything when you walk into the park or pull up into the lot.

5 more days!

Ben

CF Legend
steel said:
Honestly, I have nothing to say to you if you claim to be a roller coaster enthusiast and all you get out of this coaster is "it's ugly." Especially given the jizzfest going on in the Skyrush thread right now about how fast it moves, even though Skyrush and Leviathan are equally unthemed, about the same length, and racing through their courses in pretty similar ways.
I can't even believe how **** incredible it looks, and I'm just sorry if you're not impressed. Hey, shorter lines for me. Who **** cares what isn't there? That's like saying The Avengers was horrible because Spider-Man wasn't in it. Everything that is there looks phenomenal, and I can't wait to ride it.

You lost all credibility when you said you thought this and Skyrush have similar pacing.

We're all just as entitled to our opinions as you are. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but tough ****.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Personally i'd have preferred to see a water effect, it would have still added to the onride experience and been more aesthetically pleasing, it would have also fitted much better with the rides theme. I guess the park have gone for the lower running costs.

It still bugs me as Ben pointed out months ago that the ride named after the land creature is situated next to a lake and the water beast is in the parking lot and now features a tunnel. Just seems like dire planning.

Still can't wait to ride the coaster though, I think it looks like a great ride.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Canada's Wonderland |

Intricks said:
Ummm...to those saying the tunnel is ugly....its like Millennium Forces.

Nobody ever said MF's looked nice. So the tunnel is still ugly, just even MORE ugly than we were expecting.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Then what in blue blazes were you expecting?!

Seriously, this sounds more or less you are miffed they didnt live up to what you hoped/were expecting. This is a Cedar Fair park...honestly, what WERE you expecting?

Mark9

Roller Poster
Joey said:
Go tall and loose a sense of speed and intensity. That's generally what happens, even outside of actual physical forces, the illusions of such are not there. Unless you're scared of heights, 300ft is neither here not there. It just sounds impressive, it's a selling point.

Maybe so, but unless you are clued up on these things, the GP won't be thinking "I wish this was more intense"as you come off the lift hill, 300 feet above the ground.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
I never said it wasn't intense or intimidating. I definately think it will have a great sense of speed, and it's definately tall enough. What i said was that it seems like it's lacking force. by that i mean that the airtime and positive Gs have a small range. I still think that this will be a good ride, but because of it's height and speed

emery96

Roller Poster
From what I understand, the landscaping is still far from being completed, this likely includes the tunnel. There are also 3 electrical cables which end right by the tunnel, not leading to anything yet. I'm not trying to say that the tunnel is going to be astounding, but I think people should wait until landscaping is complete before they start complaining.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
I'm glad they added a tunnel, because it could be the most plain tunnel ever, it still adds something to the ride experience. Look at MF. It's tunnels aren't pretty or anthing, they don't have any effects. But when you go through that tunnel, everyone screams and pulls their hands down, and that is the point of the tunnel. That is what Cedar Fair is going for here, and i think this tunnel will do the job.