What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
So did TPR just appropriate the park's official footage, or did they actually get to duct tape the camera to yet another ride?

Personally, the video doesn't live up to those reviews, IMHO. (I'm a B&M fan, but that does not impress.)

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
It's TPR's own footage. I don't think the POV captures the true sense of speed or the ride in general. According to all the reviews it has airtime on all the hills, some decent forces in the turns, and a great high speed ride.

marc

CF Legend
Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

It does not do anything, does not even look like it gives any floater time.

Mind you need to see a pov without the cam mounted as they never give away anything. I also prefer to hear people on the ride rather than nothing.

I love the signage! To me, it looks like it'll just be a B&M version of Millennium Force, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but not a great one either. I do like that the reviews have been good so far, but people tend to bum new coasters anyway so I don't read too much into it. In another 12 days I'll be able to say for myself!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like there's the three points of controlled floater, the first one possibly killed a little by the turn. So I guess it's all about the wind battering :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It's nice to see this get good reviews so far. I can't see this being an amazing ride, but Im sure it's a very very fun ride.
Just wish B&M went back to the old days.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ If you mean make rides like Nemesis then they won't :( To much stress on the track I think (and other reasons).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^Please I REALLY don't want to get into that conversation again. It's now built and open. It is what it is.

As for If anyone was going to ride it I thought Venom2053 might be going today. I'm interested of what the enthusiasts think after they ride it.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

^^ It is B&M. Reliability and longevity are a couple of their selling points. You can ride a beemer all day and be fine, not so much anything else.

I think this is a good addition to the coaster industry. Wish i would be able to ride it but wont be anytime soon. Tis makes me sad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

reddude333

Giga Poster
Sooo...I know they have the foundation for the tunnel but any updates? Is it going to be a mid-season thing or do we just not have any pictures yet?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Youngster Joey said:
As for If anyone was going to ride it I thought Venom2053 might be going today. I'm interested of what the enthusiasts think after they ride it.

No, I was hoping to go today but I just got off work. Its closed again till next weekend, hope to get there then. I will get you guys a review :lol:

reddude333 said:
Sooo...I know they have the foundation for the tunnel but any updates? Is it going to be a mid-season thing or do we just not have any pictures yet?

The tunnel is not finished as of yet, but its supposed to be done for next weekend. Its not going to be themed at all (no surprise) and its just going to be made of a light weight metal.

Mark9

Roller Poster
billybobjoebob said:
This ride looks like it doesn't have much force, even for a modern B&m

I'm sure when dropping 300 feet, all the riders will just be thinking "gosh this looks like it lacks intensity" :roll:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Mark9 said:
billybobjoebob said:
This ride looks like it doesn't have much force, even for a modern B&m

I'm sure when dropping 300 feet, all the riders will just be thinking "gosh this looks like it lacks intensity" :roll:
Well, yeah, actually.

Go tall and loose a sense of speed and intensity. That's generally what happens, even outside of actual physical forces, the illusions of such are not there. Unless you're scared of heights, 300ft is neither here not there. It just sounds impressive, it's a selling point.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
The tunnel has been done

thumb_003_73.jpg