What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

^It's not B&Ms decision where they put coasters though. Not having a go at you, but there's a few people now who seem to be suggesting that it's the roller coaster companies that decide what to build and where to put them; it isn't.

And as has been pointed out the "smaller park" idea is ridiculous. Canada's Wonderland is a major park by anyone's standards. Just because it isn't in (or maybe advertised) in the USA doesn't make it a "small" park; that's just dumb.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ I wasnt suggesting that, but B&M could have requested that this is built at a park with a similar type ride. I know it is a companies overall decision where they put a new ride, but Im certain they would at least listen to a suggestion.

Also, why ARE people suggesting Canadas Wonderland is a small park?

Switching between the hideouts'...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Anything outside the USA is small and not worth mentioning.

Intricks

Strata Poster

O,o So only North America has big parks? I figured Knotts was the smallest Cedar Fair park due to its size, and I assumed Canadas Wonderland was big because Cedar Fair bought it, and they only invest in money making parks...

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

^North America defs has larger parks than other parks in the world but some of the best coasters are in England. Heck even the fastest coaster in the world is in Saudi Arabia :S. And Cedar Fair bought Canada's Wonderland because Paramount put it on the market for sale and it happens to be the largest park in Canada with only 2 others to compete with (Marineland and La Ronde). It was defs a good idea for Cedar fair to buy it. Also only 2 rides have been added since cedar fair bought it (Behemoth and Windseeker) so it was large before.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I've heard a few times that Canada's Wonderland has the second highest attendance of any CF park, after CP.

With 16 coasters, I'd hardly call the park "small". It's a huge park with great figures, it just lacks anything to give a **** about. And it's in Canada.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Nope, they have the highest seasonal attendance rate out of all Cedar Fair parks.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Interesting. Let's think about market now. There are about 40 great parks in the U.S. but only 2 in Canada (CW and La Ronde). With no competition, CW attracts people ALL over Canada, including Americans also.

Intricks

Strata Poster

And Cedar Point pulls in mainly Ohioans, with varying OH visitors.

Snoo

The Legend

A lot of Michiganers go as well actually.

troikaX3

Roller Poster

Not to get off topic, but how is Kings Island higher than Cedar Point? It seems whenever I go to KI, the lines are so short.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

I have no clue i've never been to KI i also thought that Cedar Point was Cedar Fairs Big Ticket

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Cedar Point draws from all over Ohio, Michigan, parts of Indiana, and Pennsylvania. It also makes sense why Canada's Wonderland has a higher attendance than Cedar Point, because like Bizarrofan said, Canada's Wonderland has all of Ontario(Canadian provinces are a lot bigger than many midwest states) to draw from, plus New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Southeast Michigan, and anybody else who's visiting Toronto. Cedar Point has to compete with King's Island, Kennywood, and Six Flags Great America.

Knott's Berry Farm also has a higher attendance because it's open year round. Once they take into account the length of a regular season, they're visited less than other parks.

Snoo

The Legend

As far as Kings Island.. with such a populated metro area nearby, and the fact the park is larger, I can definitely see where it could draw more.

And Leviathan is.. meh

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Snoo said:
And Leviathan is.. meh
You never know until you ride it. I thought Mean Streak would be meh, and you know what, I held on for dear life and actually enjoed it. :?

Snoo

The Legend

See.. I set my expectations low.. so if I am surprised.. the ride won't suck. If I think it will be amazing.. and it sucks (like it has a higher percentage of doing).. it won't be a shocker.

Shivering Timbers taught me that.