What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

I agree with everything Ben and Tomahawk has put about this.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

steel said:
Yep, that's effective. Just go ahead and continue to call me names. See if that works.
Asshole.
See, I can do it too.

To be fair, you did call him a gigantic tool in the first place, so, you know... Don't expect politeness?

I would appreciate it if you did stop at that point though, no need for more name calling now.

[edit] Damn you Kim :lol:

emery96

Roller Poster

Are you guys actually complaining about a new giga coaster? Wow...

Snoo

The Legend

We are enthusiasts. We are entitled.

And it is a glorified Millennium Force.. which isn't that good as is. Bad decision imo.

marc

CF Legend

emery96 said:
Are you guys actually complaining about a new giga coaster? Wow...

I dont think its a case of complaining about the coaster, its more of a case of why are they going for a similar coaster.

For me I like they layout, I just dont see why they needed another one of this type of coaster like this when there are so many others out there that they could have broken a record with.

But people have said its 100% different so thats ok then :roll:

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm looking forward to it. I know it's very short, and is a lot similar to Behemoth, but it's a landmark coaster for B&M. I would have liked something different, or at least different to anything else it the park. I agree, it was a pathetic decision -_- But, the experience should be fantastic even if it is a bit short.

This may make me look a bit dumb, but what does Leviathan actually mean? I know what Behemoth means. Am I right in guessing that it's the name of a mythical giant/beast or something along those lines?

steel

Mega Poster

Leviathan is from the same stories as Behemoth. Behemoth was the monster of the land and Leviathan was the monster of the sea.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster

I think its exciting that B&M is going over three hundred feet. It looks like it will be a good ride.

ry1996

Mega Poster

WHAT is wrong with you people, Minus the peeps who love this !, I think this is such a unique iconic looking ride ! i love the thing weather it looks alike Behemoth or not !

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I think there is one thing we can agree upon.

The logo is blah.

leviathan_eyes_640x960.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

ry1996 said:
WHAT is wrong with you people, Minus the peeps who love this !, I think this is such a unique iconic looking ride ! i love the thing weather it looks alike Behemoth or not !

But it's not that unique, there are Giga coasters already up and running. It's a hyper coaster layout with some low corners and an overbanked hammerhead. The train design is old (but in my opinion look better), and the park already has Behemoth, which is very similar.

I agree it looks fun, but it's not unique.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ To be honest, Hyper and Giga coaster layouts aren't all that different to begin with. The only options you have are hills, drops, and turns. It's more a question of the ratio of each.

ry1996 said:

People are just finding fault with the coaster's striking similarity to Behemoth, especially considering Behemoth was the last roller coaster that was built at the park. That is why questions are being raised on why it wasn't built at another Cedar Fair park, or if a more unique design was considered for CW.

At the end of the day, everyone would ride this in an instance if given the opportunity, so take all criticism with a pinch of salt. :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

ry1996 said:

Didn't know we can't have our own opinion...

^And yeah, logo is pretty lame. But, as we can't have our own opinions apparently, unless it involves Thorpe or Alton, and then we all have to hate it and should say its a giant disappointment, or it is just ok, the logo is ZOMG FAP FAP FAP AMAZ1N!!!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Yep, things everyone agrees on:

1) It's superb to see a B&M over 300 foot.
2) It's great to see another Giga-Coaster.
3) It'll be just as good as, if not better than, Behemoth.
4) At (almost) any other park this would be an exciting new build.
5) The logo and artistic type media is dreadful.

I doubt anyone disagrees with more than one item on that list. Complaints about where it's going are very different to views of the actual ride. Please don't confuse negativity towards placement as negativity of the ride itself.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

furie said:
Yep, things everyone agrees on:

1) It's superb to see a B&M over 300 foot.
2) It's great to see another Giga-Coaster.
3) It'll be just as good as, if not better than, Behemoth.
4) At (almost) any other park this would be an exciting new build.
5) The logo and artistic type media is dreadful.
6) The trims will remove any balls this ride would ever have

I doubt anyone disagrees with more than one item on that list. Complaints about where it's going are very different to views of the actual ride. Please don't confuse negativity towards placement as negativity of the ride itself.

Forgot one.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Easy on the trolling. We're each welcome to our own opinion, but no need to hate on other groups/individuals.

The logo is alright if you remove the gimmicky creature. Cedar Fair usually has some great logos, especially with character design (I.E. Hydra), but this one seems to miss the mark.

Snoo

The Legend

I was thinking this would have been better looking as a Intamin.. but.. then it would basically be MF.. like it already is.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Also, we dont know if trim will kill this or just be there for random reasons.

Switching between the hideouts'...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hyde244 said:
The logo is alright if you remove the gimmicky creature. Cedar Fair usually has some great logos, especially with character design (I.E. Hydra), but this one seems to miss the mark.

For me it's too stark and cartoony against the wasteland/storm backdrop. Against a primary coloured, plain background it would look childish and simplistic, but it would work. Against and "angsty" background, it just looks very silly indeed.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Based off Diamondback and Raging Bull (the only two B&M hypers I have been on) the train will nearly be stopped by the trim, so that is where I am coming from with that.